cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Calculated shipping - does eBay tack on the fees

I appreciate the calculated shipping, but do the fees on the shipping get included in the shipping cost presented to buyer?  

Message 1 of 4
latest reply
3 REPLIES 3

Re: Calculated shipping - does eBay tack on the fees

No - the buyer just pays the shipping. Any fees are paid by the seller.

“The most common way people give up their power is by thinking they don’t have any.”
— Alice Walker

#freedomtoread
#readbannedbooks
Message 2 of 4
latest reply

Unless I'm misunderstanding your question, the answer is "no".

eBay's final value fee charged to the seller is calculated on the total amount the buyer pays to the seller, usually the item price, the shipping charge and the state sales tax, if any, and that fee in most eBay categories is 13.25%.

Let's say you sell me something for $70, plus $20 shipping, plus $10 state sales tax.

I pay you a total of $100.  Your final value fee on that transaction is $13.25.  

Message 3 of 4
latest reply

eBay does not add the fees onto the amount paid by the buyer.  A listing with calculated shipping will show/charge the buyer either (1) the published retail price for the shipping cost; or (2) the eBay cost for shipping that package, based on weight, dimensions, and service chosen.  

You can choose between those two options in your site preferences.  Many sellers leave it set to charge retail, so the online discount serves as a built-in margin to use towards fees, supplies, etc. It's under "Shipping discount settings" here:

https://www.ebay.com/ship/prf

Message 4 of 4
latest reply