cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

CUT THE FEES !

eBay received a HUGE TAX CUT... 

TIME to PAY IT FORWARD...

CUT THE FEES.

Shipping is not an entitlement, it's a convenience.
Convenience costs money.
Shipping ain't free.
All Customers have a need,
Some are more needy than others.
Message 1 of 17
latest reply
16 REPLIES 16

Re: CUT THE FEES !

Ebay has had no customer service over the phone due to covid 19. But the monthly fees this month seem higher than they should be, and payment was deducted a day or two earlier than normal. Go figure

Message 16 of 17
latest reply

Re: CUT THE FEES !

I have some things that I like to sometimes complain about with eBay, such as when they replace something good with something bad such as the new shipping label page, but one thing I personally can't complain about is eBay's fees.  I sell the majority of my items through brick and mortar auctions, and the fees there compared to eBay's fees are tremendously higher than eBay's fees, not even taking into account that I have to haul my stuff to those auction houses, sometimes wait 2 months before they stick it in one of their auctions, and then wait another month before they send me a check.

For the stuff I stuff I set aside for eBay, which is mostly my better small items, I usually get way higher prices on eBay than I could anywhere else, and I can do that from the convenience of my own home. No driving hundreds of miles to deliver my stuff, no paying exorbitant consignment rates to brick and mortar auction houses, no worrying about bad checks (and I've gotten my fair share of bad checks over the years from B&M auction houses), no cost of running a retail shop or having to deal with a few irrational people who walk in and expect you to give your stuff to them practically for free, none of that kind of stuff.  Selling on eBay can definitely be stressful, but the cost of the fees, when compared to what it would cost to sell your stuff for the same prices in the B&M world, should not be an issue, IMO, at least for me it's not.

Message 17 of 17
latest reply