cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Buyers abusing cancelation to get free feedback

I know most of you will have noticed a huge increase in canceled transactions over the past year. My worst day was a month ago with 5 cancelations. I wont get started on the huge increase in fraudulent returns as that's a rant for another day.

I've noticed that some of these buyer cancelations seem to just be used to get free feedback (buying the cheapest item) which is rather annoying since their "free feedback" costs me $0.30 in paypal fees every time.  Luckily paypal "for now" backed off on not refunding any fees at all on canceled transactions or it would be a nightmare come true. 

eBay needs to remove all feedback when an item is canceled by the buyer and accepted by the seller. That would put a dead stop to people using it for free feedback.  In-fact I'd be far more happy if ebay did away with the buyer cancelation option. Its just making buyer less and less responsible, in a world where they barely even read the title let alone the description.

This is not my selling account...

Message 1 of 46
latest reply
45 REPLIES 45

Re: Buyers abusing cancelation to get free feedback

@ibuyyoulongtime wrote:

Had someone yesterday cancel a $0.99 item

There is one of your problems. Selling 99 cent items. I could never understand why a seller would do that unless THEY wanted lots of feedback.

Message 46 of 46
latest reply