cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Buyers Remorse, will ebay remove negative feedback?

Hello,

I dont know how much detail i can get into (privacy),

But someone bought some circuit boards 1 month and 1 day ago,  I have a return period of 14 days.

The buyer said that his son ordered it, but he went to jail and needs bail money (sounds fishy to me) and it is still in the origional package,

I dont really want to get involved in this because it was for less than 40 dollers, not sure what jail has a bail of 40bucks, so im wondering if this is some sort of scam

From what i understand, buyers remorse 30 days later is not a reason to return something, but i really try to keep my feedback good, so im assuming if i deny the return the person will leave negative feedback (which isnt worth it to me)

I talked to ebay (but late at night so i did not get USA reps) She said they would remove the negative feedback because it is clearly buyers remorse,

But what do you all think, is it a safe bet to deny the return or should i just suck up the loss?

Message 1 of 7
latest reply
6 REPLIES 6

Re: Buyers Remorse, will ebay remove negative feedback?

Forgot to add reason for return is: ordered by mistake
Message 2 of 7
latest reply

I just had a return request. Buyer ordered wrong item. Buyer pays return shipping.

I usually just decline such requests, but went ahead and accepted.  I will have to eat the initial shipping, and the $0.30 PayPal, but figured I could handle that.

They say feedback no longer counts against a seller, but buyers lok at it, and a neg does not help.

As to getting a neg removed.....   i do not believe much the CS tells me.

Message 3 of 7
latest reply

Buyer's remorse follows your return policy.

Not As Described is 30 days.

Both timelines start upon delivery date - not order date. 

You should be able to deny it without issue.  If you accept it, and charged seperately for shipping, you do not have to refund original shipping either.  They return on their dime too.

The one issue with denying something on eBay is they can run to PayPal and claim Not As Described.  You'd be stuck refunding the entire amount them (but they'd still have to pay return shipping)

The reason may be real and they are trying to get whatever monies they can to reach the amount needed.  Usually fake reasons don't involve unflattering excuses.

Message 4 of 7
latest reply

This: but he went to jail and needs bail money (sounds fishy to me) and it is still in the original package."

I will have to agree with you as to him being in jail.  Under normal circumstances, inmates are not allowed to communicate with the outside, via cellphone/internet as it is considered a way for an escape (at least that is what the County Prosecutor told us).  That does not stop an inmate from obtaining devices, (they are ingenious when behind bars) but they are not allowed, so I do not know how he is communicating with you.

If his son purchased it whether he is underage or not, the "owner" of the account is still responsible for the account.  He should have his son give him the money. 

One more thing . . . I do not trust eBay to remove any negative FB regardless what the CS rep said.  I believe that they (CS) will say anything to appease whomever just to move on the next call 😞

Good luck in resolving the return!

Message 5 of 7
latest reply

The return period is the time within which the buyer has to notify you of a return.  Feedback no longer counts for seller performance. Don't let the thought of a neg deter you from making your decision.  Factor in that the buyer could simply have said the item is SNAD.

For that reason, I think the buyer is being truthful.  They know you will judge them - and certainly didn't expect that you would post their personal business on a public board - which was totally unnecessary for you to do.

Life shrinks or expands in proportion to one’s courage. ~ Anais Nin
Message 6 of 7
latest reply

Thank you for telling me it was unnecessary, im not sure what field you work in, but it is WELL within the expectation of privacy, Never said who it was and gave no identifiable information, so thank you for you words of "wisdom"
Message 7 of 7
latest reply