cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Buyer shoots himself in the foot

This is odd. Buyer files a SNAD return for an item claiming defective. Auto accept kicks in. The buyer still has a few days left to send the item back... but he doesn't. Instead he escalates (asks eBay to step in). Ten minutes later, ebay rules in my favor.

I wonder what the heck happened there or what the buyer was thinking. Not enough to reach out to the buyer tho. grinning  We'll see if he messages me.

Message 1 of 41
latest reply
40 REPLIES 40

Re: Buyer shoots himself in the foot

@coffeebean832 wrote:

@castlemagicmemories wrote:

I have seen that so much~I wonder if it is standard procedure to escalate if the seller calls in.  

No, it's not. I've called in about open cases before without escalation. If CS reps are escalating when sellers tell them not to then that's a sign of a CS rep that has no clue what they're doing.

Yea, clear case of untrained CS reps. I'm not responsible for whatever they do with/for the buyer... which is why I'm not reaching out to my buyer. Let CS clean up their potential mess.

Message 31 of 41
latest reply

@bigdeals.etc wrote:

@coffeebean832 wrote:

I have seen that so much~I wonder if it is standard procedure to escalate if the seller calls in.  

No, it's not. I've called in about open cases before without escalation. If CS reps are escalating when sellers tell them not to then that's a sign of a CS rep that has no clue what they're doing.

Yea, clear case of untrained CS reps. I'm not responsible for whatever they do with/for the buyer... which is why I'm not reaching out to my buyer. Let CS clean up their potential mess.

Yes, and CSRs don't stand by what they tell you either. I about blew a gasket over an incident in early June ( msg 1 & 6 here ). 

Message 32 of 41
latest reply

@charity_scents wrote:

@bigdeals.etc wrote:

@coffeebean832 wrote:

Yes, and CSRs don't stand by what they tell you either. I about blew a gasket over an incident in early June ( msg 1 & 6 here ). 

Nor should they when they are wrong.  And that happens far too often.

mam98031  •  Volunteer Community Member  •  Buyer/Seller since 1999
Message 33 of 41
latest reply

@mam98031 wrote:

@robot-hands wrote:

@mam98031 wrote:

They will contact you if they have a question or concern.

I'd still leave them alone.

Which is exactly what I said if you had used my entire post instead of just a portion.  

You don't need to pretend to agree with me after the fact. You can just thumb the post or scroll on by.

Message 34 of 41
latest reply

@robot-hands wrote:

@mam98031 wrote:

@robot-hands wrote:

@mam98031 wrote:

They will contact you if they have a question or concern.

I'd still leave them alone.

Which is exactly what I said if you had used my entire post instead of just a portion.   

For clarity here, my comment was edited to be the one statement above.  The post actually read as follows:  Which is exactly what I said if you had used my entire post instead of just a portion.  What I said was "Good call.  Just leave them alone.  They will contact you if they have a question or concern."

You don't need to pretend to agree with me after the fact. You can just thumb the post or scroll on by.

Yes that is exactly what you could have done with my post you were responding to. 

Message 35 of 41
latest reply

Well I did ….. It is the only return that I've had.
Return rate
0.45%
1 of 224 transactions
Select by category, condition or purchase price to learn more about returns
See all returns
See all returns
Showing your returns by:

Category
Quantity
%
Clothing, Shoes & Accessories
1 of 33
3.03%
Other categories
0 of 191
0.00%
Transaction period: Jul 01, 2018 - Jun 30, 2019
Message 36 of 41
latest reply

NO mam.
Buyer opened a request for return stating she didn't like it and wanted to return. eBay allows the return and notified me of the return status and to Refund after receipt of item. Buyer then finds out that she has to pay for return shipping and cancelled the return. This was NOT a SNAD case.
This is a copy and paste of my Return Rate : Return rate 0.45%
1 of 224 transactions
See all returns
Showing your returns by:
Category
Quantity %
Clothing, Shoes & Accessories
1 of 33
3.03%
Other categories
0 of 191
0.00%
Transaction period: Jul 01, 2018 - Jun 30, 2019
Message 37 of 41
latest reply

@mam98031  wrote.....

If this happens to you again.  Don't send the money to the international buyer until after they prove to you that they have purchased the shipping.

The problem with that advice is that eBay gives the seller 5 days to send the funds to the international buyers PayPal account.  If the seller doesn't send the money the buyer can have the case closed and keep the item when eBay forces a refund.  

Comics-scifi_collectibles Is a Volunteer Community Mentor.
I have been a seller since 2003

Message 38 of 41
latest reply

@comics-scifi-collectibles wrote:

@mam98031  wrote.....

If this happens to you again.  Don't send the money to the international buyer until after they prove to you that they have purchased the shipping.

The problem with that advice is that eBay gives the seller 5 days to send the funds to the international buyers PayPal account.  If the seller doesn't send the money the buyer can have the case closed and keep the item when eBay forces a refund.  

Thank you for the info.  They use to not do that.  I appreciate the update.

Message 39 of 41
latest reply

@mam98031   I think I am only the only mentor on the M2M board who covers the steps... more or less in their macro for SNAD's because I got them from Trinton awhile back.  99.9% of the people I help with international returns are ones that live in the US and bought from another country .  

I keep thinking about writing up a submission for the mentors corner for what to for international returns . I was thinking about it from the buyers perspective...since that's what I deal with everyday.  But maybe something from the sellers perspective too... have to think on it some more

This sure is not covered anywhere in the policy pages

I'll tag you when I get it onto the mentors chat board and you can take a look and see what you think before I ask Trinton to submit it the Mentors Corner.      

Comics-scifi_collectibles Is a Volunteer Community Mentor.
I have been a seller since 2003

Message 40 of 41
latest reply

I would really appreciate that.  Thank you again.

@comics-scifi-collectibles 

Message 41 of 41
latest reply