cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Buyer sent me neutral feedback due to delayed shipment delivery!

Hi
Buyer sent me neutral feedback due to delayed shipment delivery
I wrote in the description that the delivery of shipments takes from 13 to 35 working days
The shipment tracking number shows that the shipment was delivered to the buyer's country within 28 working days
That is why I contacted the buyer and apologized for any delay in delivering the shipment
I told the buyer if he accepted to help me change the feedback from neutral to positive I will refund him the money and he can keep the shipment and also I will send him a free shipment due to the delay in the delivery of the shipment
But I did not get an answer from the buyer
Should I contact the eBay support team to delete the neutral feedback

Message 1 of 9
latest reply
1 BEST ANSWER

Accepted Solutions

Why are you refunding him part of the money, that is not acceptable for eBay. 

View Best Answer in original post

Message 4 of 9
latest reply
8 REPLIES 8

It's a moot point. You're too late.

Ebay can/will only change/remove feedback for 30 days (or was it 90?) both of which has already past.

I love using the word "moot".   😃

Papa Was A Rolling Stone - The Temptations
Message 2 of 9
latest reply

Neutral FB does nothing to your statistics, I most certainly would not be offering anything extra to this buyer.

If he wanted the item quickly he should have purchased it from his own country.

I have been imported from Australia and this is my posting ID
Message 3 of 9
latest reply

Why are you refunding him part of the money, that is not acceptable for eBay. 

Message 4 of 9
latest reply

Neutral feedback doesn't hurt you in any way. I wouldn't worry about it. No need to refund anything to him, no need to send him anything else. Let it go. You provided the service you promised, so good for you. Put all your attention on your future customers, not this one. Don't forget to block him from buying from you again if you don't want to do business with him again.

Message 5 of 9
latest reply

You cannot tell a buyer you will refund if they change their feedback....big policy violation

Message 6 of 9
latest reply

Neutral feedback is just that...it's not a negative.  I won't hurt your business or your performance as a seller.  If anything anyone who reads it won't even care because they are probably smart enough to figure out it wasn't done purposely by you and no one can predict how fast or slow a parcel can be delivered.  That's on the carrier.  Just shake it off, keep on selling and....SMILE! 😀

Message 7 of 9
latest reply

You can request a feedback revision.  See this article  https://www.ebay.com/help/buying/leaving-feedback-sellers/viewing-changing-feedback-left-sellers?id=... 

Do NOT offer any type of refund as you did your part, the shipping was just slow.  When you send them the revision request says something like "I am sorry about the delay in shipping, but I had no control over it.  The neutral feedback you left is for the shipping, not my selling.  Please revise it"

I have had 2 people agree to do this out of 5 in the last year.  Most ignore the request.  Neutral is better than negative

Message 8 of 9
latest reply

Neutral feedback means you provided service as expected. If the buyer got it in 3 days that would have been exceptional. Why are you worried and why would you offer to buy off this person to change the feedback?

Message 9 of 9
latest reply