cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Buyer requested cancel

If I cancel with reason "Buyer requested cancel" can they still leave feedback?

I had a buyer want to cancel their order, so I cancelled it as they requested and refunded, they then changed their mind and said I want the item now. I tried to explain they would have to repurchase and pay for it again since it was cancelled and they said they haven't received their refund yet to their card so I need to send them their item.

Can they still leave feedback on the buyer requested cancelled sale?

Message 1 of 8
latest reply
7 REPLIES 7

Buyer requested cancel

No buyer can't leave feedback after cancellation. If buyer threats you then simple contact eBay customer support then they will handle it.

Message 2 of 8
latest reply

Buyer requested cancel

Actually they can leave bad feedback, whether it re-moveable is anybody's guess

Message 3 of 8
latest reply

Buyer requested cancel

Buyers can  leave you a feedback after you cancel using the "Buyer asked to cancel"  as a reason.

This weekend, I had a seller from Japan cancel a sale 5 days after I paid for the item, he used the 

Buyer asked to cancel without any communication or explanation beforehand.
When I reached to him the communication was very frustratingl, It felt like I am dealing with a haggler from a Monty Python Movie. 😀

I can definitely leave him a feedback. 

Message 4 of 8
latest reply

Buyer requested cancel

I was told by an eBay team member to select something wrong with the address when canceling, as this prevents them from leaving you feedback, also when someone changes their mind,  just block them, they are wasting your time or playing games.

Message 5 of 8
latest reply

Buyer requested cancel

Yes, they can leave feedback depending on what you chose for cancellation.  I sold 2 eyeliners that were dried out and they were nice to let me know, so I gave a total refund, and sent some free gifts to make up for it and I cancelled using buyer asked to cancel.  She left me amazing feedback because I did the right thing and made it up to her!

Message 6 of 8
latest reply

Buyer requested cancel

Yes, they CAN leave FB, you got bad info in message 2.  However, it's easily removable.  I just had one recently.  Used the Automated FB Removal tool & explained that the tx never happened b/c the buyer asked me to cancel & the NEUT FB was removed within minutes.  

This one goes to Eleven - Nigel Tufnel

Simply-the-best-for-you Volunteer Community Mentor
eBay Seller since 1996

Message 7 of 8
latest reply

Buyer requested cancel

The removal depends on who you get on the phone.  LOL.  They are so disorganized.  I get angry at the Phillipinos but have to remember it's not their fault.  They are not properly trained.

Message 8 of 8
latest reply