cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Buyer refunded twice

Does anybody have experience with this?

I put in a request for a cancellation of sale.

Buyer put in a request for a refund. 

EBay took the money that was on hold from PayPal and refunded the buyer.

EBay took another $100 from my personal paypal cash.

PayPal acknowledges that this is the case. There's is 2 separate transactions for it. 

Customer service acknowledges it but cannot help me. Case is closed so only appeals van help. 

I send pictures transactions numbers everything and appeals within 30 minutes made a determination that he was not paid twice and my appeal was denied.

My paypay is negative $100 after he was refunded from the money on hold. And yet ebay is still looking the other way....nobody will help.

I have such anxiety and am crying. It's in the middle of a pandemic and I can't afford to lose $100 that i dont have.

I don't know what to do. I've spent 10 days and hours of calling. Ebay doesnt care. Sure I'll never ever ever sell on ebay again but i really and truly need that money. I need it 😞

Is there anyway to get help? Has anybody received their money back from eBay's mistake?

I was a great seller with Tony they care about their sellers? EBay us a monster of a corporation. I wonder just how many sellers had money or goods stolen through ebay. I can't stop crying. I really really really need this money. 

Message 1 of 5
latest reply
4 REPLIES 4

Buyer refunded twice

Contact eBay through a private message on FaceBook or Twitter. They're usually better at handling things like this.

Message 2 of 5
latest reply

Buyer refunded twice

Something isn't quite right here.  When PP processes a refund for a buyer by your direction or Ebay's, it is processed from the original payment the buyer has made.  If that money was originally on hold because a claim had been filed, then it is released from the funds that PP was holding.  

When money is put on hold in PP is NOT released to the buyer at that time, it is being held my PP until a determination on the claim is made.

So if it was determined that the buyer should be refunded, then when the refund is processed it will process from that original payment which is now on hold by PP.

Ebay can't process a second refund to the buyer off the same transaction, PP's safeguards won't allow it.  PP won't allow taking the transaction into a negative balance, which is what a second refund would do.

So either the money was never put on hold in PP in the first place or somehow PP's safeguards failed.  And if PP's safeguards failed, then this is PP's fault.  You need to call them again.

I'm sorry you are so upset by this and it is my sincere hope that you will get PP to fix the issue ASAP.  PP typically has a very good customer service team.  So when you mentally feel up to it, give them a call.  Stay professional and outline the facts as you know them.  Write them down first to help you stay on target.  Telling them how this has made you feel and stuff like that won't help.  Make that CSR want to help you.  Be kind, polite and professional.  Notes will help you stay focused.

I wish you nothing but the best and hope this gets worked out quickly for you.

mam98031  •  Volunteer Community Member  •  Buyer/Seller since 1999
Message 3 of 5
latest reply

Buyer refunded twice

I recently started selling again on ebay and have had 7 out of the last 8 sales won by scammers trying to screw me over in only a months timeframe. I'm honestly pretty upset that it's become so easier for these scammers to screw over sellers. I understand your concerns completely and hope that you are able to get your case handled correctly. As mam98031 states, there are safeguards and it most likely is a transaction hold appearing to take the same amount a second time. Unfortunately, these take time to revert so you may be looking at a week or so hold time. Keep us updated!

Message 4 of 5
latest reply

Buyer refunded twice

Hopefully you are filing Unpaid Item Disputes on these scammers, to get your FVF credited and the buyers given a strike on their accounts for not paying.

disneyshopper
Volunteer Community Member

Message 5 of 5
latest reply