cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Buyer received item after Ebay refunded buyer. What can I do?

Shipped the item (from the US) to the UK on July 8. 

Buyer filed for refund in August, granted by Ebay. 

Item finally delivered on September 12. 

Fast-talking ebay "help agent" said, "Don't worry."

Got the bot answer back immediately from Ebay: "After reviewing this case, we decided to keep the original outcome. We weren't able to grant your appeal because we determined the original decision was correct.

Any suggestions on how to get the money back that is due me? 

The US Post Office does not allow for refunds, if filed more than 60 days after original shipping date, and does not give refunds for Priority International. The Post Office website, to which I was referred, is a pathetic joke, with dead ends, non-working "clickable" URLs and self-contradictory information. My one trip to the PO resulted in an antagonistic supervisor who finally "investigated the tracking" by sending an inquiry to Des Moines. LOL!  Sending an inquiry to Des Monies must be some kind of PO "inside joke"? 

Any suggestions, besides the obvious one?

Message 1 of 22
latest reply
21 REPLIES 21

Re: Buyer received item after Ebay refunded buyer. What can I do?

@brightlightbookseller wrote:

You left out the part where it wasn't delivered by the estimated delivery date, therefore failing to meet the terms of the contract the seller made with the buyer.

You left out the part where Ebay took my money and gave it to the buyer. 

You also left out the part where the PO is at fault for not delivering it in a timely manner, but denies any responsibility. 

Message 16 of 22
latest reply

@weyland_pubs wrote:

You left out the part where it wasn't delivered by the estimated delivery date, therefore failing to meet the terms of the contract the seller made with the buyer.

You left off the part where this transaction is considered a loss and is a deduction on your year end taxes.

Business isn’t personal. 

No one asked, but I am looking forward to the day when having feedback default sorted by relevance seems right.
Message 17 of 22
latest reply

@dryophelia wrote:

@weyland_pubs wrote:

You left off the part where this transaction is considered a loss and is a deduction on your year end taxes.

Business isn’t personal. 

You also left out the part where the PO is at fault for not delivering it in a timely manner, but denies any responsibility. 

Message 18 of 22
latest reply

Clearly you have no interest in being told the truth.

Message 19 of 22
latest reply

@weyland_pubs 

You seem very unhappy with ebay and although so far, you lost the case, there may be an appeal to be made with proof of delivery. 

With that said, I have to ask myself how unhappy you really are because as a seller with 263 currently active listings and 50 sold items, the disgust can't be that bad! 

When I'm unhappy with a company, I cease doing business with them.

albertabrightalberta
Volunteer Community Mentor

Message 20 of 22
latest reply

Clearly you have no interest in being told the truth.

You have nothing better to do than attack people and insult them? Get a life.

Message 21 of 22
latest reply

@albertabrightalberta wrote:

@weyland_pubs 

You seem very unhappy with ebay and although so far, you lost the case, there may be an appeal to be made with proof of delivery. 

With that said, I have to ask myself how unhappy you really are because as a seller with 263 currently active listings and 50 sold items, the disgust can't be that bad! 

When I'm unhappy with a company, I cease doing business with them.

This board is one of the most heavily censored on the net. That's disgusting.

I am disgusted with Ebay, it's total hypocrisy about selling - it's a crime to sell Dr, Seuss, but okay to support BLM and ANTIFA terrorists, and condone Ukrainian scams. (I lived there, I know how they work.) I tracked two of the Ukr. "charities" to personal bank drops. Also how Ebay allows China to ship for free (they do no DC lobbying to right this wrong) while US sellers have to pay postage.  

I'm about ready to jettison ebay and have a couple of big auctions to get rid of the 4 storage units of antiques and old books. This incident has served as a warning, that I can not rely on Ebay, and that Ebay does not have my back.

Also I am disgusted with the USPS. I went to 3 post office, two of them referred me to each other, the third, I was blessed with an antagonistic supervisor who refused to even let me finish a sentence, and finally, grudgingly filled out a form to search for my lost package in Des Moines, Iowa (the package never came anywhere near there). This is not to say anything good about the USPS website - a bizarre user-hostile conglomeration of disparate and self-contradictory web pages which effectively prevents the user from filing for any type of refund.   

What I'm really disgusted about is myself, for wasting my time doing ebay when I should be getting my book (about a basketball star) wrapped up for publication, and finish the horror novel and several other books/apps, games and foreign language tools. AI has given me a million new ideas. I am way too talented and creative to be spending the day recycling collectibles.

Message 22 of 22
latest reply