cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Buyer "Thank You Emails"

Always "happy" to get an email from a Buyer is that not a rant, rave, etc.  Had been so long since a buyer wrote to us, almost forgot what a "nice" email from a Buyer looked like/read!

Have recd 2 this past weekend, which for us, is a lot...........we rarely get FB or contact at all (just fine by me!)

Both Buyers "thanked" us for using a box.   ??  Glowingly.......excited about our customer service, but all centered around the use of a box.  Really?  

Am I missing something?  Is that all that it takes to make someone's day now?  LOL  (and then you have to wonder, what exactly is the alternative??)

....... "The Ranger isn't gonna like it Yogi"......... Boo-Boo knew what he was talking about!

Posting ID Only.......
Yes, I have no Bananas, only Flamethrowers.......
Message 1 of 8
latest reply
1 BEST ANSWER

Accepted Solutions

Buyer "Thank You Emails"

My feelgood packing story of this year;

I sell military patches & postcards among other things and am always on the lookout at auctions, estate sales, etc for nice unused greeting cards as I use them to ship these items, works great, buyers item may be sent with any random sentiment or none, depending on the card

So. I get the sweetest message in my ebay messages "Dearest Patrick, Thank you for the card. Indeed we just have a newborn baby girl 8 months ago. This is her with card. Thanks again and stay healthy. Sincerely, Lia with a pic of the baby holding the card

Yes, her item was shipped in a Congratulations on the new baby card, by chance

It just made my day

View Best Answer in original post

Message 7 of 8
latest reply
7 REPLIES 7

Buyer "Thank You Emails"

As a buyer of paper items, I get very excited when a seller does something as simple as protecting the paper with cardboard "sandwich" instead using nothing.

Yeah, I can totally see someone thanking you for something as simple as a box.  It's incredible the things sellers just stick in a padded mailer and think that's appropriate packaging.

The easier you are to offend the easier you are to control.

We seem to be getting closer and closer to a situation where nobody is responsible for what they did but we are all responsible for what somebody else did. - Thomas Sowell
Message 2 of 8
latest reply

Buyer "Thank You Emails"

It's nice to be appreciated.  Especially from your buyers.  Hopefully more sales to come.  😊

Message 3 of 8
latest reply

Buyer "Thank You Emails"

@southern*sweet*tea wrote:

As a buyer of paper items, I get very excited when a seller does something as simple as protecting the paper with cardboard "sandwich" instead using nothing.

Yeah, I can totally see someone thanking you for something as simple as a box.  It's incredible the things sellers just stick in a padded mailer and think that's appropriate packaging.

@southern*sweet*tea 

Gotcha!

I am starting to wonder if folks are using crazy things vs a box.  LOL

I just never seem to hear "anything" from a Buyer - and then 2 in a row and a "box" made their day!

(was thinking perhaps folks are not getting out enough, but am guessing, it really is the "little" things!  LOL)

....... "The Ranger isn't gonna like it Yogi"......... Boo-Boo knew what he was talking about!

Posting ID Only.......
Message 4 of 8
latest reply

Buyer "Thank You Emails"

@katzrul15 

I just now got a pleasant message from a seller I bought supplies from, shipment is running late and will be delivered on the 3rd and he thanked and blessed me!

How sweet, I need blessing!

Message 5 of 8
latest reply

Buyer "Thank You Emails"

@silverstatetreasureboxes wrote:

@katzrul15 

I just now got a pleasant message from a seller I bought supplies from, shipment is running late and will be delivered on the 3rd and he thanked and blessed me!

How sweet, I need blessing!

@silverstatetreasureboxes 

That is so very nice!

Posting ID Only.......
Message 6 of 8
latest reply

Buyer "Thank You Emails"

I sell military patches & postcards among other things and am always on the lookout at auctions, estate sales, etc for nice unused greeting cards as I use them to ship these items, works great, buyers item may be sent with any random sentiment or none, depending on the card

So. I get the sweetest message in my ebay messages "Dearest Patrick, Thank you for the card. Indeed we just have a newborn baby girl 8 months ago. This is her with card. Thanks again and stay healthy. Sincerely, Lia with a pic of the baby holding the card

It just made my day

Message 7 of 8
latest reply

Buyer "Thank You Emails"

@zero29zero wrote:

It just made my day

@zero29zero 

What a COOL story!  Made my day/week!!

I too buy blank cards - dig thru the GW assortment bags,when they are 50% off.  We too use them as TY cards to buyers as they are usually very inexpensive. 

Posting ID Only.......
Message 8 of 8
latest reply