cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Buyer orders 5 of the same item. Then cancels the order. Then re-orders 5 more of the same item.

I messaged the buyer to make sure that's what he intended to do. I ship in the morning. Should i ship before hearing back from the guy?  What would you do?

(Buyer has "3" positive feedback, all for buying. Registered in 2017.)

Papa Was A Rolling Stone - The Temptations
Message 1 of 8
latest reply
7 REPLIES 7

Re: Buyer orders 5 of the same item. Then cancels the order. Then re-orders 5 more of the same item.

Block them immediately 😛

Did they change their shipping address? I would wait to see what they say as annoying as it is...
Message 2 of 8
latest reply

Re: Buyer orders 5 of the same item. Then cancels the order. Then re-orders 5 more of the same item.

If he didn't change something obvious (like address or exact flavor/item) then it still could be a change that you're not aware of, like which credit card he used with his PayPal payment. So I would ship.

Message 3 of 8
latest reply

You should ship the package at this point.
If you cancel, you will get an Out-Of-Stock strike.
You need to consider how many strikes you can withstand within a period of time.
I recommmend adding the user ID to your Blocked Bidder List when a cancellation occurs.
That prevents a second purchase and uncertainty on your part.
The cancellation process is too time consuming considering eBay is 24 years old.
The seller has to navigate through a dozen screens to issue the refund and restock/relist.
The goal should be one click on the Items-Awaiting-Shipment screen.
That would issue the refund and restock/relist the item.
We may never get to one click, but I would like to see some progress.

Message 4 of 8
latest reply

The buyer answered me.

He wanted the first transaction cancelled because he used the wrong credit card.

Made the second purchase with the correct credit card.

Seems legit.

Items shipped. 

Papa Was A Rolling Stone - The Temptations
Message 5 of 8
latest reply

That's $1.50 well spent!!

Message 6 of 8
latest reply

@backroomnoir wrote:

That's $1.50 well spent!!

Not if he comes back with 5 SNADs.

Sorry I had to be that guy. Mr Buzzkillington. Sounds like this buyer is a classic newbie Christmas shopper. I've been getting these too, but not as high as 5 purchases.

Message 7 of 8
latest reply

First time hearing this issue. Hope it works out for you.Smiley Happy

Message 8 of 8
latest reply