Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Buyer opened case against seller when item was delivered

Message 1 of 11
latest reply
10 REPLIES 10

Re: Buyer opened case against seller when item was delivered

So I presume you as the seller uploaded the tracking which confirmed delivery & called eBay to have the case closed in your favor?

Or was there something else?

Message 2 of 11
latest reply

FYI i did not call Ebay for anything, the buyer opened the case requesting a refund. This is simply a way of potentially receiving free goods & Ebay allows it to go on, WHY?

Message 3 of 11
latest reply

@356_m wrote:

FYI i did not call Ebay for anything, the buyer opened the case requesting a refund. This is simply a way of potentially receiving free goods & Ebay allows it to go on, WHY?

My apologies then.

Your OP & your second post provide very little information.

What type of case did the buyer open?

Do you require advice on how to deal with whatever case it is?

Message 4 of 11
latest reply

What no-brakes is asking you is if you've taken the additional steps you need to get the case closed in your favour..

Insert the tracking number on your case then CALL EBAY and get them WHILE you are on the phone, to close the case..

You got to move on this or it will time itself out!

Message 5 of 11
latest reply

@emerald1830 wrote:

What no-brakes is asking you is if you've taken the additional steps you need to get the case closed in your favour..

Insert the tracking number on your case then CALL EBAY and get them WHILE you are on the phone, to close the case..

You got to move on this or it will time itself out!

And you don't want that to happen!

Message 6 of 11
latest reply

If the buyer is claiming that the item was not delivered, then you have to reply and give the tracking number showing that it was delivered.

It is possible that someone else in the house put it aside carefully and forgot to tell him. Or that the package was stolen from his porch.

None of which are your problem.

You seem to have Proof of Delivery.

Tell eBay what it is.

If the buyer is claiming that the item is Not As Described, you can , again, in the Dispute, tell him to return it for a refund.

Don't argue about this. He may be right.

If the item he bought was red and he expected cherry but got scarlet, that is a Buyer Remorse case and he has to pay return shipping.

If he doesn't prove that you have it back, he loses the case and you keep the payment.

If the item be bought was red and the one he recieved was blue, that is Not As Described, your error, and you have to send him a Return Shipping Label.*

If he doesn't use it, you will not be charged for it, he loses the case and you keep the payment.

If he shows that you have it back, you refund the original payment promptly.

If you don't, eBay will.

Then they come after you for their money (and they have your financial info, remember) and you also get a Defect on your selling account.

Not every transaction will go perfectly.

Sometimes the customer is right.

So put on your big girl panties and deal with it.

*It's more complicated if he is in another country.

Message 7 of 11
latest reply

Please excuse my delay in responding.  The case has been closed by the buyer.  My point is Ebay has a system in place that allows all to know when & time the item has been delivered using tracking so why should the buyer be allowed to open a case against the seller, request a refund & hold their paypal funds while the matter is settled? The buyer should go ask their mailman, the post office or someone in their own home where the item is at if truly did not receive it which i doubt.  Our postal service is one of the best in the world at deliverying packages in my opinion.  For the record this matter also has nothing to do with the item not being as described.

Message 8 of 11
latest reply

Do to the lack of information at the beginning of a one sentence statement - the sellers responding are trying to help - providing answers on "WHY" a buyer would open a case.

The information given above was appropriate for the lack of information. The question of WHY Ebay allows this to happen. Ebay's database is NOT connected to the POST OFFICE, for buying a label process yes, but unless a buyer complains about the delivery Ebay does not have a crystal ball to review it all. And as far as postal carriers - they do make mistakes - I can speak for myself - I received two packages in my mailbox over the last year that were not addressed to me - so I am sure the packages were marked and scanned "delivered" but where? Who knows - I nicely gave them back to the carrier on the next day for them to re-deliver. Remember there are two sides to each case - the Buyer in the past could have been someone that had been scammed once by a Seller using a false label showing delivery was made. They are quick to make another assumption - that the Seller is at Fault. On your side of the picture - it appears that the BUYER is wrong and the package was DELIVERED, and you are upset that EBAY should NEVER HAD LET A CASE BE OPENED. Thus the reason for a case - to figure out the disconnect that occurred. I am glad the Buyer closed the case.

The sellers answering are trying to supply information on "WHAT CAUSES a BUYER MIGHT MAKE" - without the whole story, they cannot provide helpful information. They know that instead of getting mad at something that can't be controlled, they search for WHY first - anyone in the process could have made an error, so it is not necessary to become upset at yourself, the Buyer or Ebay. Lessons Learned.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
It is our own minds that cause us most of our misery. Our unwillingness to accept that things can't be the way we want them to be, and our fruitless attempts to do the impossible............
Message 9 of 11
latest reply

@356_m wrote:

Please excuse my delay in responding.  The case has been closed by the buyer.  My point is Ebay has a system in place that allows all to know when & time the item has been delivered using tracking so why should the buyer be allowed to open a case against the seller, request a refund & hold their paypal funds while the matter is settled? The buyer should go ask their mailman, the post office or someone in their own home where the item is at if truly did not receive it which i doubt.  Our postal service is one of the best in the world at deliverying packages in my opinion.  For the record this matter also has nothing to do with the item not being as described.

It is indeed stupid that the tracking has to be reuploaded when it's already automatically uploaded I agree but that's the WAY IT IS and you have to follow their rules and copy and paste the tracking number into the required slot AGAIN.

Message 10 of 11
latest reply

@rolenboy01 wrote:

@356_m wrote:

It is indeed stupid that the tracking has to be reuploaded when it's already automatically uploaded I agree but that's the WAY IT IS and you have to follow their rules and copy and paste the tracking number into the required slot AGAIN.

I think those kind of cases should be kept pending until someone physically checks to see if the item has confirmed delivery. If so, there is not need to have the case open just to frustrate the seller. 

Message 11 of 11
latest reply