cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Buyer not accepting package

So,

I was selling a rather expensive item(around half a grand) and while we were in the middle of negotiations with a cool guy for a better price, more info etc, some zero feeback/account created the very day buyer, comes in, buys and pays for it immediately!

Anyway, I ship as I m obliged insured/signature required. Fast forward a couple of weeks, and the item is still chilling at his local post office for close to 20 days according to tracking. If their post is similar to ours here, by next week the item should return back to me.

Any attempt to communicate with the buyer to see if all is well has failed.

From my understanding, if they do not accept their stuff, they lose their buyer protection and any privilages regarding the transaction. 

What should I do if the item actually returns to me? I m a low volume/occational seller and this is a first! What type of damage could he actually do if he's into some scam scheme? 

Thanks!

Message 1 of 6
latest reply
5 REPLIES 5

If he hasn't picked it up, then it should come back to you in the same condition that it left, at which point you would put the deadbeat on your Blocked Bidder List and re-list.

You do not refund before having the item back. It sounds like, time-wise, the post office is on the verge of returning it to you, which would be good.

P.S. You don't need Signature Confirmation on a transaction of less than $750. That doesn't buy you any additional seller protection, and might be a hassle for the buyer, since an adult will need to be present to sign for it at delivery time; otherwise they'll have to get over to the post office to collect it.

Message 2 of 6
latest reply

Thanks for your reply,

Unfortunately in this case, the buyer would have cost me close to 50 bucks in shipping charges etc...

As for the signature, I m aware. It's also for my own peace of mind. I live in a shady country, ship to shady countries too, shady couriers with disfunctional tracking system tend to be involved. So at least this way I have some proof that the item reached the buyer's hands and didn't got "left" outside and some wild cat ran away with it! 

Message 3 of 6
latest reply

I REALLY suggest you ask on a European Board..  There may be nuances in the EU that US sellers don't know about.......  You may be able to refund only the original price not the shipping costs....etc...

Message 4 of 6
latest reply

Be careful, one scam is to request for refund as undelivered then try to get the case closed fast then run and get the package. Is it past delivery date? have they filed a case? 

Prov 20:14 It is naught, it is naught, saith the buyer: but when he is gone his way, then he boasteth.
Message 5 of 6
latest reply

@thegm963 wrote:

So,

I was selling a rather expensive item(around half a grand) and while we were in the middle of negotiations with a cool guy for a better price, more info etc, some zero feeback/account created the very day buyer, comes in, buys and pays for it immediately!

Anyway, I ship as I m obliged insured/signature required. Fast forward a couple of weeks, and the item is still chilling at his local post office for close to 20 days according to tracking. If their post is similar to ours here, by next week the item should return back to me.

Any attempt to communicate with the buyer to see if all is well has failed.

From my understanding, if they do not accept their stuff, they lose their buyer protection and any privilages regarding the transaction. 

What should I do if the item actually returns to me? I m a low volume/occational seller and this is a first! What type of damage could he actually do if he's into some scam scheme? 

Thanks!

Can you call the Post Office to initiate a return? If so, at least you know you'll get your item back.

Ann

Message 6 of 6
latest reply