cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Buyer makes Item Not Received Claim but Shows As Delivered on Ebay

Buyer makes INR claim and in the comments state they want to make a return as they do not like said item. Why is their API not cross checking delivery status prior to offering claim selection options? I'm not against returns but that shouldn't even be a selection option if the item shows as delivered weeks ago. This is why I am terrified of Ebay's new payment overhaul. If they can't get that simple algorhythm I can only imagine what will happen when they start handling OUR money. 

Message 1 of 4
latest reply
3 REPLIES 3

Its anot an algorithm issue. Like I said on your other post, ebay allows an INR to be opened despite the delivered scan. Its not a matter of the system not checking. INRs are not blocked from being opened when ebay has proof of delivery, they leave it open so that the buyer can notify the seller of the problem. Ebay expects the seller to work with the buyer to resolve the problem. Some of us thing ebay should NOT allow the INR & should direct the buyer to a contact seller form & encourage them to send the seller a message. The computer bots that run the resolution center cannot read and interpret the buyers messages within an INR case. Your buyer filed the right type of request.

One life is all we have to live
Love is all we have to give

**Formerly known as MissJen316**
Message 2 of 4
latest reply

Sorry you haven't been here for years, but --

yes, an INR is absolutely the correct case to open for a morose return!

Message 3 of 4
latest reply

Delivered weeks ago = buyer is just loaning the item from you, or they are going to return something else for you for their money back. eBays new payment overhaul will be a disaster. Once you take PayPal out of the picture eBay are going to take your funds from either new sales or what ever payment method they have on file i.e. your bank. I strongly advise anyone who is going to be happy in this new system when its live to use a separate bank account just for eBay. Once you start getting disputes, chargebacks etc it will likely affect what ever account you are using. You are correct they can't or won't get simple algorhythm's fixed then managing sellers money is going to be a nightmare. I am sorry but I just hate the thought of it. Daily batched processed payments then 2-4 days for the transfer to hit sellers bank (stated in eBays own podcast).

Message 4 of 4
latest reply