cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Buyer leaves negative feedback after refund

Buyer purchased a game from me on 12/6 I shipped game 12/7. Problem at post office I refunded buyer and messaged him telling him what was going on on 12/8. Paypal said refund takes 5-7 days so today 12/14 buyer leaves negative feedback and says he never received game or refund a

7 days later When my paypal account and Ebay both say they cleared/refund sent. Is there anyway I can get this feedback removed? I don’t feel like I deserve it cause I had no control over it and the buyer has horrible communication 

Message 1 of 8
latest reply
1 BEST ANSWER

Accepted Solutions

Re: Buyer leaves negative feedback after refund

Call eBay, and explain your situation. I have seen people have negs removed by eBay. It can happen if you get the right CSR.

View Best Answer in original post

Message 2 of 8
latest reply
7 REPLIES 7

Call eBay, and explain your situation. I have seen people have negs removed by eBay. It can happen if you get the right CSR.

Message 2 of 8
latest reply

Good luck!
Message 3 of 8
latest reply

If your buyer paid with a credit card, the refund goes back to the card and not his PAYPAL account.  It can take up to a full billing cycle to appear on his statement.  You may want to contact him and provide the transaction number for the refund and confirm how he paid. 

He may be willing to revise the feedback.

Joe

Message 4 of 8
latest reply

How did the Post Office mess up? How hard is the item to replace? 

He didn't get the item he purchased. He had to wait a week to get his own money back at Holiday time when he may have been relying on this for a gift. I don't think this was a positive experience for him even though you tried to do the right thing.

He may have had other sellers cancel on him recently for a myriad of reasons

Message 5 of 8
latest reply

"Problem at post office"

What does that mean?

Message 6 of 8
latest reply

@baller508 wrote:

Buyer purchased a game from me on 12/6 I shipped game 12/7. Problem at post office I refunded buyer and messaged him telling him what was going on on 12/8. Paypal said refund takes 5-7 days so today 12/14 buyer leaves negative feedback and says he never received game or refund a

7 days later When my paypal account and Ebay both say they cleared/refund sent. Is there anyway I can get this feedback removed? I don’t feel like I deserve it cause I had no control over it and the buyer has horrible communication 

What kind of problem happened at the PO?

Did you issue the refund from the cancellation you filed?  Or did you do the refund directly from PP?

This sounds more like a problem with the way you refunded.  A refund should not take 5-7 days unless for some reason you issued an echeck form of refund.

Just from what you wrote, it sounds like you did not do the refund from the cancellation but did a refund directly in PP and then you did the cancellation in Ebay.    If you didn't have any money in your PP account in which to do the refund directly in PP, then you may have opt'd to do an echeck.  It is that echeck that takes awhile to clear.

If you were to issue the refund from the cancellation, it would have gone to the buyer right away, your PP account would have a negative balance and you could then transfer some funds into your PP account to cover it.

IMHO, Ebay won't reverse this FB because what the buyer stated is factual.  If I were the buyer, I'd be a bit upset by this too.  

mam98031  •  Volunteer Community Member  •  Buyer/Seller since 1999
Message 7 of 8
latest reply

@the*dog*ate*my*tablecloth wrote:

How did the Post Office mess up? How hard is the item to replace? 

He didn't get the item he purchased. He had to wait a week to get his own money back at Holiday time when he may have been relying on this for a gift. I don't think this was a positive experience for him even though you tried to do the right thing.

He may have had other sellers cancel on him recently for a myriad of reasons

Or not cancel and he wished they had after he received the item!

Message 8 of 8
latest reply