cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Buyer cheated me

Hi everybody,

A customer bought from me an item 3 months ago, i sent the item for her to Russia with tracking number, the item arrived to Russia but she didn't received her,  Then she opened against me a case asking me refound, so i told her once i receive my item i will do refound, so she accepted, and she closed the case but eatch time send me a message regarding this subject,  i promised her to do refound, but yesterday she told me if you didn't do refound i will put negative feedback, so i did refound for her, now i lost my item and i did refound without any positive feedback for the service i gaved to her. 

Please should i call ebay and explain them the situation i have the proove of everything? It's injusticeslight_frown

Message 1 of 17
latest reply
16 REPLIES 16

Re: Buyer cheated me

Sorry you fell for that. Unfortunately, eBay won't reverse your mistake. 

Never refund without having the item in your hand (unless you determine it is not worth paying the shipping back)

Message 2 of 17
latest reply

BTW, you have such low feedback that unscrupulous buyers will take advantage of your lack of knowledge.  I suggest you come here and ask for advice before taking any action on any complaint or anything out of the ordinary. 

If the buyer had left you negative feedback you could have had it removed. 

Message 3 of 17
latest reply

@superdeals566  If the Buyer left you Negative FB you can call and have it removed because the Buyer violated the Feedback Extorsion policy.  Below is a link to that policy, you can read it before you call.  As for the item, if your tracking showed it was delivered you never need to agree to an Item Not received claim, you can just upload the tracking info in the claim process that the Buyer files and you win the case.  Really sorry this happened.  @deep-garnet-red mentioned you being a new Seller, when I first started to Sell members here recommended that I sell ONLY in the US until I gained some expereince.  That proved to be very very good advice.

https://pages.ebay.com/help/policies/feedback-extortion.html

Regards,
Mr. Lincoln - Community Mentor
Message 4 of 17
latest reply

For the record, you SHOULD have refunded when she opened the case. If the item doesnt arrive, or arrives damaged or not in the condition promised, the money back guarentee says you will be forced to refund.
Message 5 of 17
latest reply

@mimishop56 wrote:

Hi everybody,

A customer bought from me an item 3 months ago, i sent the item for her to Russia with tracking number, the item arrived to Russia but she didn't received her,  Then she opened against me a case asking me refound, so i told her once i receive my item i will do refound, so she accepted, and she closed the case but eatch time send me a message regarding this subject,  i promised her to do refound, but yesterday she told me if you didn't do refound i will put negative feedback, so i did refound for her, now i lost my item and i did refound without any positive feedback for the service i gaved to her. 

Please should i call ebay and explain them the situation i have the proove of everything? It's injusticeslight_frown

I'm just wondering why you thought you'd receive the item back.  What type of tracking did you have on the item that would show delivery to her address?

Message 6 of 17
latest reply

@superdeals566

the only thing to call ebay about is the feedback extortion, BUT, buyers cant leave feedback aftern 60 days, so, while what the buyer did was extortion, the threat was meaningless.

You tried to cheat the buyer, and she won her (justified) refund in the end.

Id recommend letting this one go, and in the future when tracking doesnt show its arrived in a reasonable amount of time, and a case is opened against you, refund your buyer. Had the buyer in this case been able to leave bad feedback, it would have made your account look pretty bad since you've got really low feedback.
Message 7 of 17
latest reply

Seller in Africa, buyer in Russia...

what could go wrong...

Message 8 of 17
latest reply

@sockmonkeydave wrote:

what could go wrong...

you forgot to ad dropshipping items located in Hong Kong Smiley LOL

Message 9 of 17
latest reply

@sockmonkeydave wrote:

what could go wrong...

There's a whole world beyond the US. Suprisingly, they actually have commerce and stuff.

Message 10 of 17
latest reply

@deep-garnet-red wrote:

@sockmonkeydave wrote:

what could go wrong...

There's a whole world beyond the US. Suprisingly, they actually have commerce and stuff.

Seems many forget there is a huge wide world outside of the US....lol. 

Message 11 of 17
latest reply

@odditiesandantiquities1 wrote:

@mimishop56 wrote:

Hi everybody,

I'm just wondering why you thought you'd receive the item back.  What type of tracking did you have on the item that would show delivery to her address?

I have shipped a few times to Russia.  Tracking was never an option in Russia.  Tracking was only available during the USA part of the trip, not the Russian part of the trip.

Message 12 of 17
latest reply

@mimishop56 wrote:

Hi everybody,

A customer bought from me an item 3 months ago, i sent the item for her to Russia with tracking number, the item arrived to Russia but she didn't received her,

Please should i call ebay and explain them the situation i have the proove of everything?

Did tracking show the item was delivered to the buyers address in Russia, or did the tracking just show the item had reached Russia ?

@superdeals566

Message 13 of 17
latest reply

do not sell your goods to Russia unless your are open to the possibility of losing them...friendly advice. Cheers!

Message 14 of 17
latest reply

GOOD LUCK WITH EBAY
Message 15 of 17
latest reply