cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Buyer asked to change shipping address

Hi,

One of my buyer won my auction and paid. After 3 hours buyer asked to change the shipping address.

How can I proceed it?

Thanks and best regards,
Sachitha
Message 1 of 15
latest reply
1 BEST ANSWER

Accepted Solutions

Re: Buyer asked to change shipping address

@knish_sl_store 

Do NOT do that. You lose any seller protection you have.

If they want to change the address offer to cancel and relist the item as a BIN.

They can put the new address in when they pay. 

Also make certain they are your winner/payer. Did they contact you via eBay with the same ID? Some scammers will message sellers about a very recent sale & ask to change the shipping address. Look at the ID very closely to make sure you are communicating with your buyer. 

~Pika~
People in life that are the happiest don't have the most,, they make the most of what they have...

View Best Answer in original post

Message 2 of 15
latest reply
14 REPLIES 14

@knish_sl_store 

Do NOT do that. You lose any seller protection you have.

If they want to change the address offer to cancel and relist the item as a BIN.

They can put the new address in when they pay. 

Also make certain they are your winner/payer. Did they contact you via eBay with the same ID? Some scammers will message sellers about a very recent sale & ask to change the shipping address. Look at the ID very closely to make sure you are communicating with your buyer. 

~Pika~
People in life that are the happiest don't have the most,, they make the most of what they have...

Message 2 of 15
latest reply

You will ned to advise the buyer that you will cancel and refund using 'problem with buyer address', and then relist at the price won + shipping if applicable, and the buyer needs to BIN and provide the correct address at checkout.

You will still be charged a 0.30c transaction fee but better that than risking INR by using a different address than on the order.

I have been imported from Australia and this is my posting ID
Message 3 of 15
latest reply

gjs_16
Guide

Unfortunately it looks like you're going to have to cancel the sale due to "problem with buyer's address."

Also I would add the buyer to the BBL.

Dear Buyer,
Due to ebay shipping and delivery policies all items for sale are shipped as stated and we can not consider alternate shipping arrangements.  Please ensure the address of record you wish the item to be sent to is correct at time of payment as that is the address policy forces us to ship to.  Your order has been cancelled, if you wish to reorder at a later time please ensure the address of record you wish the item to be sent to is correct at time of payment.
Thank you.
Seller

Message 4 of 15
latest reply

First check to make sure the message was from your actual buyer; some scammers send such messages requesting a package redirection hoping to get a free gift at your expense.

If you cancel the transaction based on such a message (or worse, ship to the scammer's address), your actual buyer will not be happy with you, and for good reason.

Message 5 of 15
latest reply

As Pika said , Do not change the address from what is on the eBay order.

You may also want to check and see if the person asking you to change the address is the same name as your customer. Often a scammer will look for sold listings and message from a different account asking you to change the delivery address.

You should also make sure eBay has said it is paid and ok to ship.

Message 6 of 15
latest reply

Hi @pikabo-icu ,

As you said, I verified buyer and sent him that I cannot change the address and order via BIN. They he asked below highlighted. Note : I have excluded Lithuania.

ok, thank you, why don't you deliver to Lithuania?

Thanks and best regards,
Sachitha
Message 7 of 15
latest reply

Good advice given. 

BUT buyer needs to be advised that address must be changed with eBay BEFORE repurchasing.

Not sure if all this applies to Sri Lanka selling to Lithuania or not.

Radine

Message 8 of 15
latest reply

@knish_sl_store wrote:

Hi @pikabo-icu ,

As you said, I verified buyer and sent him that I cannot change the address and order via BIN. They he asked below highlighted. Note : I have excluded Lithuania.

ok, thank you, why don't you deliver to Lithuania?

@knish_sl_store 

Just send a note saying I'm sorry at this time I cannot ship to Lithuania.

My apologies for any inconvenience this may have caused.  

Then go to your transaction CANCEL due to problem with address add bidder to your BBL

Here: https://www.ebay.com/bmgt/BuyerBlock 

I think you dodged a bullet there.. 

Happy selling.. 

~Pika~

Message 9 of 15
latest reply

Hi @pikabo-icu ,

Thank you for your advice.  I have already given feedbacks to this buyer.  Is there anyway to remove it?

I think this type of scammers are trying to collect feedbacks in this way.

Thanks and best regards,
Sachitha
Message 10 of 15
latest reply

@knish_sl_store wrote:

Hi @pikabo-icu ,

Thank you for your advice.  I have already given feedbacks to this buyer.  Is there anyway to remove it?

I think this type of scammers are trying to collect feedbacks in this way.

No worries, you're welcome. 

I don't believe there is a way to retract the FB- but at least you wont be scammed out of your item or money..

~Pika~

Message 11 of 15
latest reply

Yes @pikabo-icu .

You correct. Thanks for the help. You saved me.😍

Thanks and best regards,
Sachitha
Message 12 of 15
latest reply

That second paragraph was very helpful lol. Someone bought from me then a whole different account with a similar name messaged me asking to change address. This message saved a lot of confusion, thank you!

Message 13 of 15
latest reply

This thread is over a year old and the OP is no longer registered user.  

Message 14 of 15
latest reply

Hi everyone,

Due to the age of this thread, it has been closed to further replies. Please feel free to start a new thread if you wish to continue to discuss this topic.

Thank you for understanding.

Message 15 of 15
latest reply