cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Buyer Wants To Cancel Bid

Greetings All:

A buyer has requested a bid cancellation with less than 12 hours left on auction. Excuse given was that they are a size 8 so the size 10 dress will not fit them. This is after they have had a bid in for most of the 10 days of the auction for the dress which does have the detailed measurements for the dress in the listing along with the size which is in the listing title as well.

I have had a buyer cancel request over 12 hours, but never under. So my question is how to best handle this? Will there be a penalty on me as seller for cancelling under 12 hours? Also to add I have not responded back to the buyer as of yet. 

Message 1 of 13
latest reply
12 REPLIES 12

Re: Buyer Wants To Cancel Bid

With under 12 hours remaining, the only option is to let the auction play out and the buyer can request a cancellation if they win. Send them this link and tell them they need to submit the cancellation request within an hour of auction end.

Items you're selling are not a good match for auction format. You should consider using fixed price listings.

GLORIOUS!

Confused about the switch to eBay discounted shipping? Read this discussion to make an informed decision about opt in / opt out.
Message 2 of 13
latest reply

Seems a seller can cancel a bid w/ under 12 hours left & there is a reason selection of "buyer requested" as a reason to CYA as a seller. Better to not let issue progress if it can be nipped off quickly, so I did cancel the bid.

Message 3 of 13
latest reply

You can cancel and you should. Be sure you check the choice buyer requested so eBay knows it was the buyer that asked.   If you go through with the sale, you will never make the buyer happy and will likely get a not as described return.

Message 4 of 13
latest reply

Let them know you’ll cancel if they win.

Bummer, but never good to force a customer to take an item.

Message 5 of 13
latest reply

@164nc wrote:

So my question is how to best handle this?

On a venue where buyers have the power to damage a seller' reputation, finances, and selling ability, I cannot imagine why you would not do what the buyer has asked. 

Message 6 of 13
latest reply

@wastingtime101 wrote:

With under 12 hours remaining, the only option is to let the auction play out and the buyer can request a cancellation if they win.

@wastingtime101 

Do you have a link you could post for that policy/requirement?

Message 7 of 13
latest reply

@pburn wrote:

@wastingtime101 wrote:

With under 12 hours remaining, the only option is to let the auction play out and the buyer can request a cancellation if they win.

@wastingtime101 

Do you have a link you could post for that policy/requirement?

As long as the seller doesn't end the listing they can cancel a bid any

time without penalties. There are no time constraints on a bid cancel

tor the seller.

Canceling bids and managing bidders

https://www.ebay.com/help/selling/listings/selling-auctions/cancelling-bid?id=4140

Message 8 of 13
latest reply

@luckythewinner wrote:

@164nc wrote:

So my question is how to best handle this?

On a venue where buyers have the power to damage a seller' reputation, finances, and selling ability, I cannot imagine why you would not do what the buyer has asked. 

I think that was the reason for the OP?  How to handle this buyer request properly? 

When you dine with leopards, it is wise to check the menu lest you find yourself as the main course.

#freedomtoread
#readbannedbooks
Message 9 of 13
latest reply

HOW did you cancel it? I just had a request to cancel, auction ends in 2 hours, and I can't figure out how to do it.

Message 10 of 13
latest reply

I just had someone request to cancel, auction ends in 2 hours.  I cannot figure out HOW to cancel it. Can you help me please?

Message 11 of 13
latest reply

@mommy1995 wrote:

HOW did you cancel it? I just had a request to cancel, auction ends in 2 hours, and I can't figure out how to do it.

Go back to post  8  and click on the link.

albertabrightalberta
Volunteer Community Mentor

Message 12 of 13
latest reply