cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Buyer Trying To Scam Me Out Of A Masterpiece Optimus Prime. Claims I Sent Wrong Item!

Hello everyone. I have recently sold a Transformers Masterpiece Optimus Prime figure on Ebay for $239.99 to some buyer who clearly is trying to scam me and play games. I had a bad feeling that something was up after he kept messaging me asking me if I was trying to take his money despite the fact I had already provided a tracking number and sadly, this was the case. Now he is trying to claim that I actually sent him a Fortress Maximus figure instead, (the guy sends me a pic of the box, but ofcourse, not the contents) and has opened case against me and wants me to return the item. In addition to the fact that I am going to lose out on the priority shipping that I had paid to send this, there is nothing stoping this creep from switching out what I had really sent him and replacing it with something else! I'm at a loss towards what I can do, and this buyer is harrassing me and constantly sending me messages! I would appreciate any help! 

Message 1 of 154
latest reply
153 REPLIES 153

Re: Buyer Trying To Scam Me Out Of A Masterpiece Optimus Prime. Claims I Sent Wrong Item!

Exactly. It's amazing how some people have a hard time understanding this.
Message 151 of 154
latest reply

Re: Buyer Trying To Scam Me Out Of A Masterpiece Optimus Prime. Claims I Sent Wrong Item!

This is pretty much how I see it. As I had already mentioned to another poster, this buyer has a feedback score of 153, but apparently didn't know that a tracking number has to reach the carrier before a number uploads? (Yes, he was already accusing me of trying to steal money before he even got the item). It doesn't matter anyway, since he is now forever on my blocked list.  (Thank you for the advice you gave me before regarding this matter, btw. I do appreciate the gesture). 

Message 152 of 154
latest reply

Just trying to clear some things up for some of the slower posters on here, especially the ones who seem to be insuating that I was trying pull something and not the buyer. But you have a point...I am seriously reconsidering selling any more Transformers here, at least the expensive ones. Selling on Ebay has become a real headache. The problem is that there is no real competition for this site, so sellers such as myself have limited options. That said, I feel that there is nothing left to add to this, so I will take this sad experience as a lesson learned, and leave this matter closed. 

Message 153 of 154
latest reply