cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Buyer Receives Blu Ray Player, states it's DOA....Hard to Believe

Anybody get these types of Buyers? What do you do?

"It's a Mere Moment in a Man's Life, between the All Star game and the Old-Timer's game." Vin Scully
Message 1 of 20
latest reply
19 REPLIES 19

Re: Buyer Receives Blu Ray Player, states it's DOA....Hard to Believe

OK..reasonable...even after 21 years here

"It's a Mere Moment in a Man's Life, between the All Star game and the Old-Timer's game." Vin Scully
Message 16 of 20
latest reply

I agree....Can't wait to see the piece again..working

Message 17 of 20
latest reply

The buyer is a novice to audio.video. Buyer used inappropriate language in his/her assessment of what was happening to the screen. That was before the no power card was played...then the power comes on...then the disc tray doesn't open...That was after the power came on..etc, etc..

Message 18 of 20
latest reply

Electronic components can be easily damaged during shipment....eveni if double boxed. It does not take much to of a shock to upset an electrical connection. It is very possible that you sent a functioning player, but unfortunately, it may have experienced one or more of the many threats that exist for all electronics, when they are shipped..\

Message 19 of 20
latest reply

This was a used Blu Ray player? I can absolutely believe that it did not work upon arrival. It's one of the many reasons I stopped selling most electronic items. That stuff gets absolutely trashed in shipment.

Most of the time, brick & mortar stores get freight style shipments - so the boxes get handled better before being sold to the end user. Even if it originally arrived via a fedex/ups shipment to the original owner - every time it gets taken out of the foam and box, and shipped again, the packaging degrades a little.

Also - I'm sure you do know this, but most electronic items with a laser usually have a method to lock the laser for shipment. You are doing this, I hope?

Message 20 of 20
latest reply