cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Buyer Pays, Then Says it was an Accident, But Buyer Account is no longer registered.

So, this isnt me, but a relative who is selling on Ebay.

A Buyer buys an item for 300$ on Friday evening. Item is not shipped until Monday Afternoon with tracking. Everything is going smoothly nothing to report.

Then a while after updating the tracking number, my relative gets a voicemail from the "Mom" of the kid who "accidentally" bought the item, imploring my relative to give her a call back.

Not only that, the Ebay account that the buyer used is now no longer registered so messaging them is no longer an option through Ebay.

What do?

Message 1 of 25
latest reply
24 REPLIES 24

Re: Buyer Pays, Then Says it was an Accident, But Buyer Account is no longer registered.

This issue is about beginning the process of an intercept as quickly as possible, if that course of action has been  decided.

Not about buying labels

Ask ebay to contact USPS,

That may or may not result in a positive outcome.

Time is ticking

The sender will be required to provide USPS authorization from the account holder to utilize ebay's account to handle payment of Intercept/ delivery fees by USPS .

Or

Seller will need to open their own USPS account or make other payment arrangement.

More time has been lost

Message 16 of 25
latest reply

Re: Buyer Pays, Then Says it was an Accident, But Buyer Account is no longer registered.

If you got paid for the item and sent the item. Why is there a need to do anything other than that?

Smoke From A Distant Fire - Sanford Townsend Band
Message 17 of 25
latest reply

@ed8108 wrote:

This issue is about beginning the process of an intercept as quickly as possible, if that course of action has been  decided.

Not about buying labels

Ask ebay to contact USPS,

That may or may not result in a positive outcome.

Time is ticking

The sender will be required to provide USPS authorization from the account holder to utilize ebay's account to handle payment of Intercept/ delivery fees by USPS .

Or

Seller will need to open their own USPS account or make other payment arrangement.

More time has been lost

The shipper of the item needs to contact USPS directly either via their website or in person to to intercept the package.

eBay is not responsible and will not help with an intercept they will tell you the same thing we have told you.

One reason eBay will not help with the intercept is it cost money to intercept the package.

Message 18 of 25
latest reply

@jonathankirkland wrote:

Scam alert!

Call ebay immediately.

If this is a scam, why would the buyer contact the seller and possibly trigger a package intercept? How does that action improve the chances of pulling off the scam?

Message 19 of 25
latest reply

I have given this some thought,I think I would call Mom back and ask her to refuse the package and let her know that when the package is in your possession once again you will refund.

Message 20 of 25
latest reply

Do nothing

Message 21 of 25
latest reply

@mrmuegeedo

So did the relative call "Mom" back? If not, why not?

An intercept sounds like the way to go, but it's probably too late by now.

Crusader Cat is watching

Everyone thinks of changing the world, but no one thinks of changing himself. - L Tolstoy

"You are entitled to your own opinion, you are not however, entitled to your own facts."

Message 22 of 25
latest reply

@andow_6171 wrote:

eBay is not responsible and will not help with an intercept they will tell you the same thing we have told you.

One reason eBay will not help with the intercept is it cost money to intercept the package.

The seller would have been paying for the intercept, why would you think otherwise?  No one has alleged ebay was in some way responsible. I myself do not either represent or speak for ebay as some may give the appearance of doing.

Message 23 of 25
latest reply

@thatsallfolks wrote:

@jonathankirkland wrote:

Scam alert!

Call ebay immediately.

If this is a scam, why would the buyer contact the seller and possibly trigger a package intercept?

Buyer may not have considered the possibility of an attempt to intercept.

purported mom

accidently bought & paid

voice mail

no ebay messages between buyer &seller

Buyer acc't closed

Hope it does end well.

Message 24 of 25
latest reply

eBay does not help you intercept. Misiformation like that really seriously hurt sellers and buyers like
Message 25 of 25
latest reply