cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Buyer Offer - Listing has No Offer -

Every day it gets Harder to find middle ground with a Buyer.

Except, this item does not have an "offer" feature, I have no idea what the $2 off represents - the doll is listed for $168 (on sale) with Free shipping.  

I did not respond as $45 + free shipping is a "tad' under the $168 + free shipping (we are lowest price both here and Amazon)

So of course now, she wants to know why she cannot make us an "offer" on a different doll??

Well....because it appears my buyer blocks has caught you some how.  Buyer wants us to allow her to bid/buy.

She is wanting to buy a lesser priced doll in the same series.  Would you let her and add her so the blocks do not apply??  (If sales were not so slow, I would not even consider.............)

....... "The Ranger isn't gonna like it Yogi"......... Boo-Boo knew what he was talking about!

Posting ID Only.......
Yes, I have no Bananas, only Flamethrowers.......
Message 1 of 24
latest reply
23 REPLIES 23

Re: Buyer Offer - Listing has No Offer -

Okay

I emailed her back and indicated I would do $43 and shipping (changed it first) and added the ID to exceptions section of the BBL.

She just bought and paid and I added her ID to the real BBL and removed from the exceptions box.  Will see how this order goes.  Doll will ship tomorrow and thank you for all your Ideas!

....... "The Ranger isn't gonna like it Yogi"......... Boo-Boo knew what he was talking about!

Posting ID Only.......
Message 16 of 24
latest reply

“Dear Buyer,

We regret we cannot accommodate your  request. 
Sincerely, Seller”

Message 17 of 24
latest reply

Oops, i see you have resolved this.  Going to the slow typist corner now.

Message 18 of 24
latest reply

@fashunu4eeuh wrote:

Oops, i see you have resolved this.  Going to the slow typist corner now.

Decided to take a chance.  I have $4 in this doll...........and only 2 sales this week since Sunday.  

If sales were not so slow, I would have just passed...........kinda sad....lol

Posting ID Only.......
Message 19 of 24
latest reply

There once was a time when eBay considered making an offer when the BO option was not in the listing as an attempt to work an off eBay transaction.  This was a mortal sin and usually ended with the buyer permanently banned from the site.  However, eBay did a 180 and now allows offers to be made regardless of the seller's wishes.  In fact, eBay has been known to add the option on their own.  I'm not sure of why they did the turnaround considering their paranoia about off site deals being worked, but they did.

Frankly, I usually just decline the offer and if the buyer seems insistent they go on my BBL.  If they insist on knowing the reason for being blocked, I ignore them.

"It is an intelligent man that is aware of his own ignorance."
Message 20 of 24
latest reply

I just say I don't accept offers. That's my price, take it or leave it. 🙄

Message 21 of 24
latest reply

We shipped the doll today (11/17) and are hoping this turns out well.  The buyer paid asap and it is on its' way!

Posting ID Only.......
Message 22 of 24
latest reply

Sounds scammy to me.

However, the offer seems to be $45 plus shipping.

Is that acceptable?

If it is, you can Revise the listing to allow Best Offer and set the parameters to accept any offer over $45.00 and reject any offer under $44.99.

Shipping is NEVER part of a Best Offer.

But since the listing is at $168 plus shipping, the member is dreaming in technicolor.

"Thank you for your interest. You may have responded to the wrong listing, since the price on this one is $168 including shipping* and that price is firm." would be a (late) response to the original offer.

However, if she is trying and failing to bid on a different doll, trust your Blocks.

I would not respond to any Offer from a Blocked Buyer.

*I would assume that you Block international shipping since you are using Flat Rate/Free Shipping. Perhaps also shipping to US states and territories that are not in the lower 48, which would be more expensive.

Message 23 of 24
latest reply

Can you tell me more about this glitch? I found a similar glitch that I posted today! When did this happen? 

Message 24 of 24
latest reply