cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Buy it now

Why do they have "require immediate payment  to be checked off? I thought this was a no brainer.

Message 1 of 6
latest reply
1 BEST ANSWER

Accepted Solutions

Buy it now

@pskoni 

Some sellers would like to encourage multiple sales from the same buyer for combined shipping, requiring immediate payment does not encourage that.  IPR items are all separate transactions, and the possibility for saving on shipping for multiple orders  is severely decreased when the shipping for each item is also applied. 

The same applies to the new "set to Yes" by default settings for requiring a buyer to provide an up front payment source in order to BID or MAKE AN OFFER.  It takes the possibility for combined orders for reduced shipping off the table as well as other consequences for both buyer and seller.  

View Best Answer in original post

Message 3 of 6
latest reply
5 REPLIES 5

Buy it now

Requiring immediate payment is good for some, but not others. We do a lot of combined orders, so requiring immediate payment would hinder our sales. 

Message 2 of 6
latest reply

Buy it now

@pskoni 

Some sellers would like to encourage multiple sales from the same buyer for combined shipping, requiring immediate payment does not encourage that.  IPR items are all separate transactions, and the possibility for saving on shipping for multiple orders  is severely decreased when the shipping for each item is also applied. 

The same applies to the new "set to Yes" by default settings for requiring a buyer to provide an up front payment source in order to BID or MAKE AN OFFER.  It takes the possibility for combined orders for reduced shipping off the table as well as other consequences for both buyer and seller.  

Message 3 of 6
latest reply

Buy it now

Make sense,thanks

Message 4 of 6
latest reply

Buy it now

Sorry meant to say "makes sense"

Message 5 of 6
latest reply

Buy it now

Although a 24 year buyer and former seller on E-Bay, I was blissfully unaware of the new IPR rules which have really complicated my purchases of multiple items from a single seller. One dealer has kindly refunded excess shipping charges for 8 best offer items, but had to post each refund item by item.  I have an issue with another seller who shipped all four of my items in the same package which cost of $5.65 when I was charged a total of $48 in shipping charges.  

siamcity1

Message 6 of 6
latest reply