cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Buy it now and offer must be separated

I hate Ebay includes Best offer to Buy it now . There are many low ballers in the world who seem not to know the value of item they are looking for . Ebay must separates the option " Best offer " out of " Buy it now "

Message 1 of 32
latest reply
31 REPLIES 31

Actually, the Best Offer option, in my opinion, should only be available with fixed price listings.  However, I agree that it should be the seller's option to include it or not.  In order to not have it included in a fixed price listing though, I believe you have to use the advanced listing tool and not the easy one.  Even if you try to edit it out of a listing created using the easy listing tool, you cannot.  You would need to close that listing and start over using the advanced tool.

"It is an intelligent man that is aware of his own ignorance."
Message 2 of 32
latest reply

@daktran wrote:

I hate Ebay includes Best offer to Buy it now . There are many low ballers in the world who seem not to know the value of item they are looking for . Ebay must separates the option " Best offer " out of " Buy it now "

Absolutely disagree...hear me out...

If you actually ran a Real Business Store you would get offers like this on a daily basis.

Just set up you listings to Auto Reject any offers less than what you are willing to receive...done.

The fact you are getting offers indicates folks are at least interested in your items, so be happy with that : )

Sib

Message 3 of 32
latest reply

@siberians_forever wrote:

@daktran wrote:

If you actually ran a Real Business Store you would get offers like this on a daily basis.

Just set up you listings to Auto Reject any offers less than what you are willing to receive...done.

The fact you are getting offers indicates folks are at least interested in your items, so be happy with that : )

Sib

Umm forgive my ignorance, but I can't think of any place but yard sales and flea markets in the US economy that allow you to make offers.

As for running a "real business", I'm glad your business is pretend, but many folks use eBay as a " real business " and they don't entertain offers on their items either.

Message 4 of 32
latest reply

@alturiaoct7_9 wrote:

@daktran wrote:

Sib

Umm forgive my ignorance, but I can't think of any place but yard sales and flea markets in the US economy that allow you to make offers.

As for running a "real business", I'm glad your business is pretend, but many folks use eBay as a " real business " and they don't entertain offers on their items either.

See this is what I have been talking about...just a bunch of sarcastic drama...no wonder folks stop helping others here...

If ANYONE would run a REAL SHOP they would get offers DAILY...my point.

If you have listings on eBay, set your listings to Auto Decline Less Than What You Would Accept.

This is Not a Yard Sale Forum but Thanks for Your Input : )

Sib

Message 5 of 32
latest reply

@alturiaoct7_9 wrote:

@daktran wrote:

Sib

I see you just joined as of today??? Hmmm

Message 6 of 32
latest reply

@daktran wrote:

As another poster said, you have to use the Advanced Listing Tool to eliminate best offer on your buy it now listings.

I agree that it is silly ebay forces the best offer by default on fixed price listings. It took me awhile as a new seller to learn how to put a stop this as well.

However I actually came to quite like best offer in some situations and simply remedied all those low ball offers by setting up the auto reject below a certain price.

Message 7 of 32
latest reply

Comment removed because of the confusing and complicated quoting business Smiley Indifferent

Message 8 of 32
latest reply

Anonymous
Not applicable

Auto reject is your friendSmiley Wink

Message 9 of 32
latest reply

----------------------------------------------------------------------------

So. is it against the law to make an offer in a store ?

I run a B&M store, I get offers daily.

When I'm shopping in stores I make offers, and sometimes my offers are accepted. Yes, sometimes it works. Last month I walked into a TV store. The TV I wanted cost 1,050, I told the sales guy I only had 850 in my pocket ( I was lying ) and I said I will look elsewhere. The sales guy took the 850, and I took the TV home.  Nice deal.

Message 10 of 32
latest reply

@*madison wrote:

----------------------------------------------------------------------------

So. is it against the law to make an offer in a store ?

I run a B&M store, I get offers daily.

When I'm shopping in stores I make offers, and sometimes my offers are accepted. Yes, sometimes it works. Last month I walked into a TV store. The TV I wanted cost 1,050, I told the sales guy I only had 850 in my pocket ( I was lying ) and I said I will look elsewhere. The sales guy took the 850, and I took the TV home.  Nice deal.

You know Madison, I've never thought of doing that before, but I will now. Thanks!

Message 11 of 32
latest reply

My above post was not meant for siberians

Message 12 of 32
latest reply

You know Madison, I've never thought of doing that before, but I will now. Thanks!

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------

There is no harm in trying, the store keepers will say yes or no.

I do it all the time, I can't stop myself.

Message 13 of 32
latest reply

@alturiaoct7_9 wrote:

@daktran wrote:

Sib

See this is what I have been talking about...just a bunch of sarcastic drama...no wonder folks stop helping others here...

If ANYONE would run a REAL SHOP they would get offers DAILY...my point.

If you have listings on eBay, set your listings to Auto Decline Less Than What You Would Accept.

This is Not a Yard Sale Forum but Thanks for Your Input : )

Sib

I still don't see your point most businesses in America do not accept offers on their items.

I cannot go to the local grocery store and put in offers on my food. I can't go down to the little local mom-and-pop bookstore and put in offers on books. 

No I understand that in Europe in Mexico shopkeepers often entertain offers on their items but this is not those countries. And eBay has set it up to where we can avoid offers if we don't want to deal with them. Forcing sellers in the best offer is ridiculous at best. Many large sellers just flat out don't have time to entertain offers.

I understand why you would want to take offers on your items they're not likely to sell quickly so any offers welcome since at least it means your items are getting attention

Message 14 of 32
latest reply

@alturiaoct7_9 wrote:

@daktran wrote:

Sib

I see you just joined as of today??? Hmmm

Brand new shiny posting Id. And please keep your rude comments out of my private messages

Message 15 of 32
latest reply