cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Business is Slow

This is the worst month I have ever had. What is going on? Are other sellers experiencing the same? 

Message 1 of 44
latest reply
43 REPLIES 43

Re: Business is Slow

Ditto..I feel the same way.

Message 31 of 44
latest reply

I think your quality (clear and concise) photos and plenty of them also make your site work. Thanks for taking the time to inform us on what has been successful for you. Happy Holidays

Message 32 of 44
latest reply

My sales are great. I dropped 9 things off at the PO today from over the weekend and already I've made two more sales.

Message 33 of 44
latest reply

Chugging along, considering how minuscule I am and that I was closed down almost all of November.

“The most common way people give up their power is by thinking they don’t have any.”
— Alice Walker

#freedomtoread
#readbannedbooks
Message 34 of 44
latest reply

worse.....returns.

Message 35 of 44
latest reply

if there is a couple things i have learned in all my years of selling,   1 there is a market for almost anything.   2 markets are finicky...the correct place MATCHED with the correct item is critical.  3 timing... WHEN you sell something matters.   4 know your products. (when to sell them, where to sell them and what venue is best to sell them at.)    there is a art to selling.    the more you study and the more years you do it, the better you will become.   sayings that have worked and made my business.    "keep it simple stupid".......buy low, sell high.........never speculate on rules and laws......(know them, dont just "think" you know them.) ..........adapt......tell the story of the morning glory. (make buying from you fun and inforative.) people LOVE a craftsman selling their product.  (dont just sell the product, sell them a story)  ......win.....win.....win.    (the buyer should win, the supplyer should win, the selller should win.....that is a recipe for a sucsessful business. 

Message 36 of 44
latest reply

yes , but there seems to be more downs then ups lately on ebay , and how many sales have you done this past year ? just curious if yours were up or down 

Message 37 of 44
latest reply

me too.  ebay is ridiculous , guess they lost another 1 million buyers this past christmas ... way to go ebay 

Message 38 of 44
latest reply

don't forget how ebay is loosing apx 1 million buyers a month this past year  , ebay is shrinking as they are loosing there market share ( buyers lost ) 

Message 39 of 44
latest reply

YES.  I've been selling on Ebay for 23 years, never saw anything like this, ever.  I used to post items and within minutes had a handful of views, within hours or days had sales.  Now I list, get zero views after weeks or months, and almost zero sales.  Only items under $4 are moving, which means around $1.75 profit after Ebay's crooked double-dipping fees on postage as well as item (even though postage is bought through Ebay so they know I'm not padding cost for profit).  Ditto on Etsy.  My items are all priced well below the comps, and mine are in better condition also (usually mint compared to comps VG+).  On the rare occasions that I get a watcher, they NEVER buy when I send them a 10%-30% offer, even though my asking price is already well below comps.  People have money, they just aren't buying.

Message 40 of 44
latest reply

Our gallery is the same phenomenon. Not a single one was sold in 11 days. Everything is fine, and I am a Top Rate Seller, but I can't figure out why.

Message 41 of 44
latest reply

I have been selling vintage prints and paintings on eBay and Etsy for the last ten years. Before this, eBay sales were higher than Etsy, but recently eBay sales are about 60% lower than Etsy's. Since 2022, average raw material prices and shipping costs have risen by 20-30%, but even without raising prices, sales have fallen by about 20%, but sales have declined by 20% or so even without raising prices. Spending has risen, and income has fallen. How to overcome the abnormal situation?

Message 42 of 44
latest reply

Not here, up 14.4% year over last and trending upward.

sell thru rate

sell thru rate

sell thru rate

go threw all of your items and compare comps to see what the general sell thru rate for that item is. After that, narrow it down as much as you can to the exact item your selling and check the sell thru again and then you'll realize why stuff is or isn't moving.

Message 43 of 44
latest reply

Depending on where you are getting your items and your profit margins we cant all sale our items as cheap as you do.

Message 44 of 44
latest reply