cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Bulk offer from buyer

I have 45 single issues of a magazine listed for sale.  I received an e-mail asking how much for all of them. As  Iv'e never run into that before I wasn't sure how to go about it or even if it's within eBay's rules. Thanks in advance for any help on this.

Message 1 of 9
latest reply
1 BEST ANSWER

Accepted Solutions

Re: Bulk offer from buyer

Sure, it's allowed. I'd make a listing for your interested buyer showing 45 single issues. You'll be able to adjust your s&h to allow for the larger package. The buyer can buy the new listing. Good going!

View Best Answer in original post

Message 2 of 9
latest reply
8 REPLIES 8

Sure, it's allowed. I'd make a listing for your interested buyer showing 45 single issues. You'll be able to adjust your s&h to allow for the larger package. The buyer can buy the new listing. Good going!

Message 2 of 9
latest reply

I'm assuming you mean you got an ebay message. Emails are less secure and unless the buyer got your email thru other areas online like social media... there's no way the buyer could've gotten your address thru ebay.

Not trying to scare you, but emails tend to be a scammer's choice of communication.

Message 3 of 9
latest reply

@kscfly1  I would create a custom listing after you've calculated the shipping. Make sure you ask them for the shipping address, so it's accurate. Depending on how much you're selling them for, ebay requires signature delivery for each box ($5.55 extra each label). If the magazines are in various stages of wear of have different defects, make sure you post pics of all so they can't claim Item not as Described. If you have to use more than the 12 pics allowed on the listing, I send more pics (5 at a time) via ebay messaging. And I ask if they would like more photos. Best case is they were local and you could do a Local Pickup option and ask they pay cash at time of pickup. That way they can examine the items in person, and you don't have to worry about them opening a return or a credit card chargeback. Good Luck!

Message 4 of 9
latest reply

ahh, Thanks! I had some brain lock on this and never would have thought ofthat. 

Message 5 of 9
latest reply

Thanks. correct, i just call everything e-mail. 

Message 6 of 9
latest reply

Thanks for the response. Good things to consider. I just never ran into it before and was a bit lost. 

Message 7 of 9
latest reply

Of course it's your decision, and depending on the magazines' value, this could be a good opportunity to unload them all at one time.   On the other hand... if you have some valuable old Playboy's or something like that, you should consider the value of any "highly collectible" issue so you get what they're worth.  Don't cheat yourself. 

Message 8 of 9
latest reply

Depending on how much you're selling them for, ebay requires signature delivery for each box ($5.55 extra each label).

No.

EBay likes us to use tracking on shipments, but it is never a requirement.

Because Canada Post tracking is so high (Starting at $10 and that is domestic) I track perhaps one out of 25 shipments, either because it is bulky and the shipping service includes tracking or because the value is higher than my comfort zone.

EBay recognizes these high costs for us international sellers, and does not require tracking to achieve Global Top Rated Seller status.

EBay only requires tracking as Proof of Delivery in the case of a Dispute. EBay only requires Signature Confirmation of Delivery when the value of the shipment, including shipping,is over $650. (I think, might be over $750).

Side note on Signature Confirmation: Postal systems in this time of pandemic are not requiring the recipient to actually sign for SC. But eBay is accepting the carrier's affirmation as Signature Confirmation. Usually this means if the carrier can't hand the shipment to an adult at the address, she leaves a Notice for pickup and the counter clerk confirms the delivery. (per tyler@ebay )

Message 9 of 9
latest reply