cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Bulk Listing Question - How to add quantity but only sell one item at a time?

Hi, Sorry if this a common question but I haven't found an answer yet.

I have a product that I can only ship one at a time, so I do not want buyers selecting more than 1 to purchase. But I have a bunch of them and would like it to be all in one listing. But, when I do a bulk listing I don't see any option to only sell 1 at a time, and the buyers could select more than one if they wanted...

Do I have to just make multiple listings? Or keep relisting it after one sells? or am I just missing this option?

Thank You

Message 1 of 16
latest reply
1 BEST ANSWER

Accepted Solutions

Re: Bulk Listing Question - How to add quantity but only sell one item at a time?

List one as an auction.  When you are ready to sell another-click relist.  That way you can only sell one at a time.

Good Moms let you lick the Beaters.

Great Moms turn them off first.

View Best Answer in original post

Message 9 of 16
latest reply
15 REPLIES 15

Re: Bulk Listing Question - How to add quantity but only sell one item at a time?

https://www.ebay.com/help/selling/listings/creating-managing-listings/creating-listings-variations?i...

For some......It seems wisdom has been chasing you, but you have always been faster.
Message 2 of 16
latest reply

There are no variations of this product, they are all the same product. I just don't want anyone to be able to purchase more than 1 at a time.

Or do you mean that I should use variations anyway to accomplish this?

Thank You

Message 3 of 16
latest reply

Do you want to block buyers from purchasing more than one item, or are you actually just trying to avoid combined shipping?

In your site preferences under buyer requirements, there's an option to block members from purchasing more than one of your items every ten days.

Message 4 of 16
latest reply

I just want to avoid combined shipping.

It's a rather large item, I have many of them, and I want to list them all, but not allow the buyer(s) to select how many they want to purchase. 

So, when I say I have a quantity of x, the sales page has a box that lets them select how many they want. I just want that box unavailable. 

Or if I have to list them individually I will, I was just looking for a simpler solution.

Thank You.

Message 5 of 16
latest reply

If you make multiple listings that would be breaking the duplicate listing policy. I don't use calculated shipping but if you don't have a shipping rule to combine the weights when using calculated shipping, shouldn't it charge separately for each item purchased??  Someone else may know that.  If that works, I would specify in the listing that shipping will not be combined so that buyers don't assume that it will be.

Message 6 of 16
latest reply

@nobody*s_perfect wrote:

Do you want to block buyers from purchasing more than one item, or are you actually just trying to avoid combined shipping?

In your site preferences under buyer requirements, there's an option to block members from purchasing more than one of your items every ten days.

That would be for everything they sell, not likely a viable option.

mam98031  •  Volunteer Community Member  •  Buyer/Seller since 1999
Message 7 of 16
latest reply

I would suggest trying putting it in the Title, Item specific boxes and at the very start of your Description in BOLD colored letters.  State what you stated here in the description.  Too big to combine shipping.

Or something that may or may not work for you is to offer Free Shipping.  Roll your shipping costs into your product price, then combine shipping would never come up if the buyer buys more than one.

Message 8 of 16
latest reply

List one as an auction.  When you are ready to sell another-click relist.  That way you can only sell one at a time.

Good Moms let you lick the Beaters.

Great Moms turn them off first.
Message 9 of 16
latest reply

@deltatradingnetwork 

I use the out of stock (OOS) option on my listings, and just put a quantity of 1 when I list even though I have multiples.

OOS can be set in "site preferences".

Using OOS keeps the listing live, but not searchable/seen by potential buyers.

After one sells, I can, when ready to sell another, change the quantity back to one to sell another.

Using OOS allows me to use one monthly listing to continue to sell at my pace. Selling history/views/watchers are not lost.

Drawback..................   OOS is a "all, or none" choice. If applied, it is applied to all "fixed price" listings, and must be monitored to end listings that you do not want to renew monthly.

Message 10 of 16
latest reply

I think is what I'll have to do, or list it as an auction, but either way just keep relisting them after one sells...

Seems like there should be an option to do this, but I'll take it.

Message 11 of 16
latest reply

I don't know if it would charge each one separate shipping or not.... Either way, I think I'll just do the sell 1/relist/sell another/relist option...

Message 12 of 16
latest reply

@deltatradingnetwork wrote:

I think is what I'll have to do, or list it as an auction, but either way just keep relisting them after one sells...

As a small seller the OOS works well for me. I do many things that I restock periodically, or have multiples of, so the listing not ending when one is sold helps me.

Most of what I sell would likely in most instances would be something that a buyer would only want one of, so I could list a quantity of 3, 4, 5, but I prefer to show just 1. 

If a buyer sees that there are 3, 4, 5 available they may be in no rush to buy knowing there is more than 1.  Creates a little sense of urgency.

Message 13 of 16
latest reply

@buyselljack2016 wrote:

@deltatradingnetwork wrote:

As a small seller the OOS works well for me. I do many things that I restock periodically, or have multiples of, so the listing not ending when one is sold helps me.

Most of what I sell would likely in most instances would be something that a buyer would only want one of, so I could list a quantity of 3, 4, 5, but I prefer to show just 1. 

If a buyer sees that there are 3, 4, 5 available they may be in no rush to buy knowing there is more than 1.  Creates a little sense of urgency.

That is an excellent option and allows them to retain sales history.

About half way down the page in this link.

https://www.ebay.com/help/selling/listings/listing-tips/bulk-listings?id=4160#outofstock

Message 14 of 16
latest reply

Is it considered a duplicate listing if it's actually a different  item, just same listing/photos?

Message 15 of 16
latest reply