cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Bought car through eBay and never received it.

Bro I paid for a car over a week ago through eBay, never received no type of shopping info, delivery info, never heard back from the seller after paying the money, NOTHING. she and eBay communicated all the way up until it was paid, g. 
I’m really UPSET because I’m about to have a baby and I needed something to bring my baby home in!! EBAY AND THIS SELLER JUST TOOK MY MONEY AND I SWEAR TO GOD ILL FIGURE OUT HOW TO SUE THEM!! 

Message 1 of 87
latest reply
86 REPLIES 86

Re: Bought car through eBay and never received it.

@shwill6019 wrote:

YES! She claimed all of this!! 

That is a big red flag because invariably 99% of these scams have a personal email of "afemalename at gee-wiz male.Comical".  They feel that a woman is more trusting and adds a feeling of security and honesty to the scam. But no doubt the biggest red flag is something that is priced unrealistically cheap (they usually claim for a quick sale) and far below market value price. If it would not have been unrealistically cheap, you likely would not have jumped on it.

Message 61 of 87
latest reply

So, just curious, have you found a way to get your money back? Or have you started that suit?  

Message 62 of 87
latest reply

I’m not going to call out individual responders, but so many of these posts seem mean spirited. We get it – the buyer made a mistake. He is upset that he lost money that he needs. I’m not sure what joy some people get and trying to make other people feel dumb.

Message 63 of 87
latest reply

Not sure any of us were deliberately trying to make others feel dumb.  It's just that the OP was seeking help and we were trying to explain the futility of her search for a refund.

Personally, to the OP: If you were offended, sorry.  I wish there were a way for you to get your money back, but there is not.  

Message 64 of 87
latest reply

@powell-memorabilia 

For me, I am REALLY curious what's happened, out of concern. The OP never replied back to my honest questions in my posts (Ebay item number, etc)

I think most who replied jumped onto the "FB Marketplace" or "CL" scam thing and made assumptions and judgements without all the info from the OP

Message 65 of 87
latest reply

Assumptions and judgements? Most of us saw this for what it was, the standard motor  vehicle scam that's been going on for years.  Do you have evidence that we incorrect?  

Message 66 of 87
latest reply

@powell-memorabilia wrote:

I’m not going to call out individual responders, but so many of these posts seem mean spirited. We get it – the buyer made a mistake. He is upset that he lost money that he needs. I’m not sure what joy some people get and trying to make other people feel dumb.

It is what it is. What is that saying? Play stupid games, Win stupid prizes?  The O/P has experienced what thousands if not millions of others have experienced. Being all puppy dogs, and rainbows isn't going to help the situation either. If the truth hurts, then so be it. "Sorry this happened to you" is nice, but really is not going to do much good. If it will prevent at least one other person from being scammed, isn't real-time knowledge worth it?

Message 67 of 87
latest reply

Could you suggest another way we could have responded to the OP? Should we have told her that we were sure she was going to get the vehicle?  It seemed fairly obvious to most of us that she had been scammed by the usual Facebook/CL scammer.  

Message 68 of 87
latest reply

The straight truth is great.  But to ask how the lawsuit is coming seems cruel.  After five pages of the harsh reality, no need to kick the OP while he is down.

Message 69 of 87
latest reply

You may have replied to the wrong person.  I think I asked about the lawsuit.  Actually I seriously DID want to know about it, but, you're right, it was cruel. 

BTW: It would have been kicking HER when she was down.

OP:  Sorry.  That WAS a mean response.

Message 70 of 87
latest reply

@soh.maryl 

Yes... based on the initial post, the OP said "...I paid for a car over a week ago through eBay, never received no type of shopping info, delivery info, never heard back from the seller after paying the money, NOTHING. she and eBay communicated all the way up until it was paid..."

So, even though I'm sure it WAS a FB or CL scam, the OP said everything was done through Ebay.

The OP never said they bought it off another site. Just Ebay.  Most everyone assumed it was a scam, and the OP never came back with the answers to basic questions like Ebay item number, how it was paid for, etc.

Message 71 of 87
latest reply

Did you see the reply by the OP where she said, in response to an question about whether or not the seller claimed some urgent reason to sell etc, "Yes, she claimed all of this".  I took that to mean that the seller used the usual line about the reason for selling.

Message 72 of 87
latest reply

@itsjustasprain ,

It was just a snow bird from Chicago who lives in Florida for the winter. There are many snow birds in Florida.

Message 73 of 87
latest reply

I'm sorry to hear about your experience. It's crucial to contact eBay's customer support immediately to resolve this issue. Additionally, consider seeking legal advice if necessary. Chauffeur service may provide assistance in addressing your situation.

Message 74 of 87
latest reply

Wut.

When you dine with leopards, it is wise to check the menu lest you find yourself as the main course.

#freedomtoread
#readbannedbooks
Message 75 of 87
latest reply