cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Bots that Review Appeals. Is this even possible?

I've been floating around here lately, mainly because I feel uneasy about a transaction I've recently gone threw where it went into the buyers favor.

So item came late. Newbie buyer jumps the INR button.

Sellers have to obey eBay policies, why do buyers not have to? Easy to see new buyers & long term scammers. They never contact you first.

Anyway. I was dealing with a newb buyer who opened an INR. No big deal... he was easy to communicate with. Very nice guy.

Problem is. EBay bot refunded him. During or conversation (yes INR coudown till sellers account damage). Anyway. Buyer has his item same day eBay bot refunds him. 

Buyer unintentionally got item & his money back.

Buyer states he wants to pay me, make things right. I appeal ebay Bots decision.  Im instantly rejected.

Case closed. Never to open again. No human in customer service could give me any advice  but.... give me permission to send this guy an invoice threw PayPal. Yep that was the advice.

So as I'm trying to do this. I realize I can't. No email address. His name not working to create an invoice.

I even double checked with human customer support. Yep we give you permission to deal with getting my rightfully owed money for a service I provided.

So I have to message this guy. Threw eBay. Requesting his email so I can invoice him threw PayPal. & completely by pass. EBay?

Com on now. I feel like a Punjab scammer! Is this not against eBay policies?

What kind of a review can be done by the ebay bot to begin with?

It obviously can't read the conversation between me & the buyer. Concerning him wanting to pay me for this. Mix up.

Easy fix? No this is an awful process I've gotten no where with.

How about the positive feedback this guy left me. Stating he got the item & liked it.

How about the request the buyer made to EBay, that he wanted to pay me.

How about eBay Bots being God. & there final decisions set in stone. When they have no heart or soul to even begin g to review anything. A eBay case review Is total ignorance. An appeal review is total ignorance. 

How much work. Reading. Calling. Talking. Texting. ... do I have to go threw. When the entire system sees this man got his product. & I was totally screwed as a seller...

I have to put this out there. Totally unfair.

You & your policies is a pick a choose thing. There is no fairness To a robot who makes decisions & a team of customer support who can only obey their robot overloads. & give solutions to sellers to take care of themselves. Collect my money? Without you? And bypass your selling fees. 

Madness.

I can take the loss. Money is not the issue here.

It's about being human.

It's about understanding.

It's about compassion.

Here you have a buyer & seller getting along & working with each other. Whole the EBay Bot overloads are completely Heartless & have absolutely no humanity in their oversight. 

That my friends is not a review of a case.

That my friends is not a review of an appeal.

That's a BOT. With no eyes. No ears. No brain. A program that really has no true oversight.

Geeze. We try. & try. & even when you do exactly what's right.

You fail.

Such a simple fix. But everyone who hears you is usless. EBay is a machine. & one with errors & glitches. No human intervention.

The EBay bot gods decide you case! Not humans..

EBay 

Message 1 of 15
latest reply
1 BEST ANSWER

Accepted Solutions

Buyer states he wants to pay me, make things right. I appeal ebay Bots decision.  Im instantly rejected.

@brya_fonta 

You are not the first person that feels this frustration, and likely won't be the last.  Just message the buyer and ask for their email address, go to PayPal and send the invoice.  They don't even have to have a PayPal account to pay.  

View Best Answer in original post

Message 2 of 15
latest reply
14 REPLIES 14

@brya_fonta 

You are not the first person that feels this frustration, and likely won't be the last.  Just message the buyer and ask for their email address, go to PayPal and send the invoice.  They don't even have to have a PayPal account to pay.  

Message 2 of 15
latest reply

Right off the bat.

I'm dealing with this outside of EBay?

Why am I on EBay?

What's the point of following policies then?

I feel this is ebays responsibilities. 

If we're all running around making deals without eBay. There will be no reason for ebay.

I'm not contacting the buyer any more.

It's worth my time to drop this & take the loss. I'm not going to make deals threw eBay messaging. I feel like a scammer! Taking ebays advice!! That's not professional.  I still get the defect against my account for doing things right.

I don't care about the money.

It's the point. & I wish everyone to see how things go down with eBay when sellers & buyers work together

Message 3 of 15
latest reply

@brya_fonta 

As far as eBay is concerned the transaction is completed, so emailing the buyer for a PP payment is not a violation.

If you do not want to be paid, that is your choice.  Buyer has your address. They could send a check, or money order if they want to pay. It isn't like you could try to get a second payment by some means.

Yes, we take the defect in such cases. Should we?  Well no. It should be easily corrected, but here you and I sit with account defects that are not justified.

Message 4 of 15
latest reply

I'm sorry but this isn't a field exercise in how to treat the world/how the world should treat you........  It's a very big business that has to rely on bots/automatic processes to handle the millions of transactions every day.......  Frankly, it's up to the seller to know the ins and out of exceptional situations such as yours.

If the item was still moving or had moved within the last several days, you could have called Ebay and asked for extended time for delivery which, in most cases, they would have given.

Had that failed and you had to refund (for which you would not have gotten a defect).....and then the item was delivered you can rebill thru paypal.......and get the email  address of your buyer from the order details. Or, since I believe from the listing with this id, you are not yet in MP, you could have gone to paypal directly, looked up the payment and done a rebill of the item from there. 

Point being, to sell here, you have to learn to work within the system that everyone else does....... 

Message 5 of 15
latest reply

I feel like a Punjab scammer! 

___

You should feel like a a racist

Message 6 of 15
latest reply

Account defects are right. 

This is twice for me as a seller & I've experienced unintentially getting free products as a buyer. Screwing sellers is unavoidable ebays system causes a revolving door of this.

I'll take the loss. Money is not everything. 

Let me repeat. Money is not everything.

If I take a few dollar loss & spend my time making this post. I think the post has more value.

We came to EBay to buy & sell. Obviously these bots need adjusting, or Real Human Oversight on specific instances. Bots will give one of two answers. They don't account for anything human. That's not a review.

Reviews here are done by robots. That's a half assed review. Where's the real review?

Exactly why I made this post. The solution is for me to collect my money. Without eBay. & accept the defect?

I will not stand for that. & here I stand up to ebays awful review of appeals.

You want to offer sellers an appeal button. PAY ATTENTION & Review our appeals. Review the transactions. Review our conversations. Review the transactions. What did they review? A number?

Probably that's all bots know.

& the Bots are doing the review. No human. That's not a review at all.

I'm sorry if anyone is offended.

I like eBay. I like there customer support. But a bot with no soul. Is doing reviews? Laughable.

Laugh with me.

Message 7 of 15
latest reply

@brya_fonta 

Well you got some good advice here but I must say I found your post delightful to read. But I don't know what a " Punjab" is? ( I'm so sheltered)

Sounds like you have a good buyer, make sure to let him know..take care

Message 8 of 15
latest reply

I feel like a man of many races.

I'm sorry you misunderstood.

That's all you got from the entire post?

Message 9 of 15
latest reply

I understand your frustration. Under the circumstances with delivery especially by USPS eBay needs to cut sellers a lot of slack because there is nothing we can do or say to speed up USPS delivery of packages or even regular mail once the item is in the possession of USPS.

eBay knows what is going on with USPS and it can take 2 -3 weeks for USPS to deliver a package that is going to someone who lives in a neighboring city in the same state! What has been done to USPS is not only adversely affecting them (USPS) but also sellers on platforms like eBay and others who depend on the mail for delivery. I received a bill in the mail one day before the due date. Fortunately the creditor in question understands the situation with USPS and is waiving late fees.

Message 10 of 15
latest reply

Hello brya_fonta,

That sounds odd that it would just refund him. How long to you take to get back to the customer? I can see bots can be a pain. Its computer code that someone programs to look at strings and values. That can work much faster then any human. Its that bad trade off of human and slow or fast with a bot. I can see why eBay wouldn't be able to recharge the person. It would be that their is no way to recharge a customer. As a safety thing it would end being a lot of issues. If even customer service has this kind of power. 

eBay telling you that its ok to use PayPal because there isnt a way for them to reopen the transaction. You should make eBay pay you. I made PayPal pay me for a customer saying she never got a order. PayPal refunded her. Then I had to give them the tracking number because it didn't get upload. They had to pay me since that take my money. 

No trees were destroyed in the sending of this message, however, a significant number of electrons were terribly inconvenienced.
Message 11 of 15
latest reply

danplessegreatstuff
Adventurer

Item Not Received (INRclaims should NEVER be filed and the ebay button for that should be removed. Everyone can see the tracking information. The bots can read can't they?

Everything at ebay is broken. 

Message 12 of 15
latest reply

I agree,  it wasn't like this before.  You have to get someone on the phone in order to fix the appeal.  however no longer can you do that either.  

its about to become amazon.  and its about to be Fraud Heaven for scammers.

Message 13 of 15
latest reply

https://community.ebay.com/t5/Shipping-Returns/THIS-IS-HOW-SCAMMERS-ARE-ROBBING-US-SELLERS-PLEASE-RE...

check out my post,  you may want to pay attention as you may not even know your being targeted.  Ive been doing this for over 10 years.  

And ive been dealing with a certain person for 3 years that has been attacking my account.  this guy is a pro.  ebay has banned over 300 accounts at once.  

i just had a customer claim he has 900 ebay accounts.  And i made a post about it also

Message 14 of 15
latest reply

**bleep** eBay bots are killing me and my biz. The slightest hiccup on my end and WHAM I am back to Below Standard. This must be their new business plan...screw the seller out of more fees. Unfortunately, they know they are the only game in town like this and it's a monopoly. Total assHs. 

Message 15 of 15
latest reply