cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Blocking buyer who may have changed user names

I have an item for sale that weighs 90 pounds. It is local pickup only. 

I was contacted a couple weeks ago by a user in CA who has (193) 100% feedback. However when looking at the feedback left for others they had given near 10 negatives so I blocked them on such a high dollar item. Today I got another interested party in CA and they wanted shipping too. Here you see the feedback  they have left for others. Normally I don't look at feedback left for others but I'm glad I did. I think the user from a couple weeks may have changed user names but kept the same feedback. Unless the "blocking" did not stick  for some reason. I've blocked the user from today. Does blocking them contain any risk for me? Thanks.Untitled.jpgrrrrr.jpg

Message 1 of 3
latest reply
1 BEST ANSWER

Accepted Solutions

Blocks work on the basis of the unique internal ID number that's assigned to you when you open the account. You can choose any ID you want, but the system will know you on the basis of your ID number, so you can't evade someone's blocklist by simply changing your username. 

You used to be able to see someone's ID revision history, but I don't think that's available anymore. Add this new username to your Blocked Buyer List if desired, but leave the old one on your list in case it's actually someone else.

View Best Answer in original post

Message 2 of 3
latest reply
2 REPLIES 2

Blocks work on the basis of the unique internal ID number that's assigned to you when you open the account. You can choose any ID you want, but the system will know you on the basis of your ID number, so you can't evade someone's blocklist by simply changing your username. 

You used to be able to see someone's ID revision history, but I don't think that's available anymore. Add this new username to your Blocked Buyer List if desired, but leave the old one on your list in case it's actually someone else.

Message 2 of 3
latest reply

there does seem to be a pattern of an unhappy buyer.

I think you're doing the right thing. 90 lbs. shipping is not cheap, and I can see this possibly becoming an issue if the buyer opens a return case in which you will pay for return shipping, probably get an empty box or nothing, and then eBay tells you the item have been returned and the buyer will be refunded and keeps the item. That is the short quick scenario. 

I would stick with pick-up only / pay then after inspections & testing.

Message 3 of 3
latest reply