cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Blocked buyer just changed their name to bypass blocking

Is there a way to block a buyer even if they change their  ebay account?

I  had a buyer sending messages and after several I just blocked them. My job is to sell my items on ebay for profit and one part of this is the time it takes to sell. I don't mind answering a few questions or even offering a discount but  20 questions attempting to buy  something for 5% of the listed price is a waste of time.   

I had an item listed  $25+- and received an offer for $2.00 via messages. The listing did not allow offers.

the next message went to $3.00. I just blocked them.

They changed their  account ID and purchased the item and after tracking said delivered they file a complaint never received.  When I reviewed the other messages its clear it the same buyer. 

Dealing with ebay on this and it may even be resolved in my favor.

It was clear this was a problem buyer and I would have preferred to not made the sale after they were blocked.

Is it real that simple to just to set up a new account to avoid a buyer block???  

Message 1 of 7
latest reply
6 REPLIES 6

@thebestgoldleaf wrote:

Is it real that simple to just to set up a new account to avoid a buyer block???  

Yes, it is. Unfortunately.

If you spot the buyer circumventing your block before you ship you can cancel the order and block the new ID.

Circumventing the block is a violation and sellers can cancel those sales and report the buyer:

bbl-cancel.png

When you report a buyer there is no specific reporting selection for buyers circumventing blocks. I usually select a reason that ties to why I blocked them in the first place, even if it's not an exact match, or go with 'demanding something not included in the listing' since that's most closely related to buyer demanding to make a purchase when their ID is blocked. There are real people reading these reports so it's fine if the reason code is a bit off. Once you drill down and select a reason the comment box will appear where you can explain why you're reporting them.

I put ID [id # 1] on blocked list, buyer attempting to circumvent block with new ID [id #2]. Did not find a specific circumventing a block selection under the report flow so I selected the option that most closely fit the situation.

GLORIOUS!

Confused about the switch to eBay discounted shipping? Read this discussion to make an informed decision about opt in / opt out.
Message 2 of 7
latest reply

You need to know your 100% sure it is the same buyer. If you cancel the sale and they file a complaint against you that could result in you getting a defect. I hope it works out for you. As long as you have tracking showing the item was delivered you will win the dispute.

Message 3 of 7
latest reply

As a new seller an early negative like that from a longtime member is hard to overcome. Your customer was not abusive in the feedback they left. I see no reason why ebay would consider removing the feedback even if you won the dispute. Your buyer stated he tossed the packaging and lost the receipt before he noticed it was the wrong color. Your reply to the feedback in my opinion makes it a lot worse. 

Message 4 of 7
latest reply

If they filed an INR, respond to the case and upload the tracking number showing it was delivered and the case should be closed in your favor.

Have a great day
Message 5 of 7
latest reply

If you responded to the INR claim that the buyer opened and included the tracking information showing the item was delivered the case should close in a few days. If you are depending on eBay to do something on your behalf because you talked to customer support you may be in for a surprise. 

As for the account if it was a BIN type listing then yes it's pretty easy for a buyer to simply create another guest ID and purchase the item. They may also be using a VPM to mask their IP address. 

Message 6 of 7
latest reply

@thebestgoldleaf wrote:

Yes.

Message 7 of 7
latest reply