cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Blatant SELLER Fraud!!

Made what I thought was a simple purchase of 2 bags of cat food on Sunday. Used a $10 off $30 coupon. Just a few minutes later I receive a seller message which states first they found the cat food to be defective when preparing to ship and then that they had returned all the cat food to the distributor due to being defective and didn't know when it would be available again. They asked me if I wanted to cancel.

I told them I would not initiate a cancellation and if they selected buyer cancellation as an option I'd contact ebay. I knew they were trying to avoid an OOS defect. I asked them what the defective bad issue was and called them out on their opposing excuses.  I quickly receive a reply stating they found another distributor (on a Sunday) and would be processing my order after all.  They failed to address my questions and left me the canned 'have a nice day' response. I knew this seller was lying about everything and making up reasons as to why they didn't have the product to ship.

Monday shows tracking input.  Today (tuesday) I'm awoken by packages being thrown on my porch. I think, "Wow! They really did ship my cat food". I opened the door and saw a plain white truck pull away. The boxes were from Walmart.com, I was perplexed since I didn't order anything from them. I see the tracking number on the label matches the seller provided tracking. I open up the packages shocked and appalled to see they shipped me 2 4# bags of Kibbles n Bits DOG food and NOT the 12# Fancy Feast CAT food I ordered. I knew they did this on purpose just to mess with me and create a hassle, but needed to be sure it wasn't a warehouse fullfillment mixup. I confirmed this with a call to Walmart, who this seller dropshipped from.  This seller did in fact order the Dog food shipped to me.   I then further confirmed this by seeing Walmart is OOS on the Cat Food I ordered! This proved 100% the seller did this on purpose! When I messaged them about what I received they continued to lie, claiming Walmart filled the order wrong. This was 100% invalid!!  No matter what, this seller wouldn't admit to lying through this entire ordeal.

I phoned ebay throughout these issues. I then had to file a return. Of course I knew the seller would agree in order to avoid the defect they tried to avoid from the start! So minutes later I received a return shipping label addressed to Walmart returns center. I confirmed with Walmart that this seller did in fact expedite a return and Walmart supplied a label. Walmart was appalled that any anyone would do this type of thing to a buyer on purpose.

The shipping label kept printing blank! It required me to download the label versus a direct print option.  It wasn't my error, I printed something immediately after to check. I had to phone ebay yet again and spend a half an hour to get a workable label. The Ebay CS rep lied stating ebay supplied the label when I questioned why I was given a label with a return address to Walmart. There is no way ebay supplied that label, they didn't know where the seller was shipping this bogus item from! I don't understand why the seller was able to get away with this. I'd expect the return would have to go to their seller account address and not a third party.

If sellers wonder where all the buyers have gone they only have other sellers to blame!! All I did was purchase 2 bags of cat food to feed my rescue cats, immediately paying. That should have been it. Instead this has been a nightmare ever since I pressed the purchase button!! While the horrible seller sits at home drop shipping items galore, a buyer is left holding the bag having to make constant phone calls, having my monies out there and having to go through the PITA return process. Not to mention I lost the $10 coupon I used to purchase from this awful person. Ebay claimed they were immediately reissuing it to me, but of course they failed to do so!

This seller is the absolute WORST I've ever come across. The intentional fraud they've perpetrated is simply disgusting! Next time you wonder why ebay has to believe the buyer over the seller as to what they received, think about this post! Ebay continues to let these type of sellers chase away the buyers!

Message 1 of 114
latest reply
113 REPLIES 113

Blatant SELLER Fraud!!

Yes there are a lot of bad people out there both sellers and buyers.

That is why I would never purchase food for my fur babies from them.

Better to pay a little more and get them from your supermarket.

Message 2 of 114
latest reply

Blatant SELLER Fraud!!

This was a truly bad experience for you that I wish you had not had.

But I don't understand.  What coupon did you use?  Unless it was an Ebay coupon code, that isn't something that a seller would accept.

Message 3 of 114
latest reply

Blatant SELLER Fraud!!

I've purchased it from the Big A numerous times without a hitch. I was delighted to find it here and be able to use the coupon. I go through alot of cat food and appreciated the savings. Instead it turns into costing me time, money and aggravation!! Ebay should require those who are drop shippers to state this. I'd have never purchased from them if I knew this. I had another bad drop shipper experience this year amongst others.
Message 4 of 114
latest reply

Blatant SELLER Fraud!!

@sodelight wrote:
I've purchased it from the Big A numerous times without a hitch. I was delighted to find it here and be able to use the coupon. I go through alot of cat food and appreciated the savings. Instead it turns into costing me time, money and aggravation!! Ebay should require those who are drop shippers to state this. I'd have never purchased from them if I knew this. I had another bad drop shipper experience this year amongst others.

I understand but sellers here don't accept coupons unless it is an Ebay coupon.  Sorry you didn't know that but it seems that that was what started this whole string of events.  It seems you were not able to use the coupon.  

That was a lot for you to go through.  Some sellers who drop ship state in their description that the item will ship from various warehouses around the country.  That is an indirect reference to drop shipping. 

Again, sorry this happened to you.  

Message 5 of 114
latest reply

Blatant SELLER Fraud!!

I have always felt that ebay made a bad move when it allowed dropshipping.  All sellers should have the product in hand.

But I still would not trust a stranger to purchase anything that is ingestable for either my family or pets.  Too many bad people out there to trust where they got the items from.  Too many fake products as well.

Message 6 of 114
latest reply

Blatant SELLER Fraud!!

@castlemagicmemories wrote:

@sodelight wrote:

I understand but sellers here don't accept coupons unless it is an Ebay coupon.  Sorry you didn't know that but it seems that that was what started this whole string of events.  It seems you were not able to use the coupon.  

That was a lot for you to go through.  Some sellers who drop ship state in their description that the item will ship from various warehouses around the country.  That is an indirect reference to drop shipping. 

I'm sorry but you didn't read my post correctly at all. I never said I couldn't use the coupon, it was an ebay coupon. I did use it, the seller defrauded me with purposely drop shipping DOG food instead of the Cat food I ordered, as they refused to cancel using OOS.  I've now lose the value of that coupon since I had to do a return based on item not as described. I didn't get to save $10 on an actual order that would be fulfilled.  What you cut and pasted above was a reply to Emerald40. You need to read my opening Post, I'm not responsible for the string of events occuring because of coupon use!! I don't know why I bother posting to a biased sellers board.

Message 7 of 114
latest reply

Blatant SELLER Fraud!!

I received a $10 coupon on my buying account last week good for one time use. In order to qualify, I had to purchase at least $30 worth of goods (not including shipping) and pay with my Mastercard at the ebay checkout instead of Paypal. 

I didn't receive the offer on this account. It expires 12/20. 

Message 8 of 114
latest reply

Blatant SELLER Fraud!!

Here's a screenshot of the offer from my messages (It may be the same one the OP is talking about):

10mastercard.jpg

Message 9 of 114
latest reply

Blatant SELLER Fraud!!

@sodelight wrote:

@sodelight wrote:

I'm sorry but you didn't read my post correctly at all. I never said I couldn't use the coupon, it was an ebay coupon. I did use it, the seller defrauded me with purposely drop shipping DOG food instead of the Cat food I ordered, as they refused to cancel using OOS.  I've now lose the value of that coupon since I had to do a return based on item not as described. I didn't get to save $10 on an actual order that would be fulfilled.  What you cut and pasted above was a reply to Emerald40. You need to read my opening Post, I'm not responsible for the string of events occuring because of coupon use!! I don't know why I bother posting to a biased sellers board.

I'm not biased toward either buyer or seller.  I'm sorry if it appeared otherwise; I am a buyer.  You didn't mention it was an Ebay coupon, so logically it appeared that you were trying to use a coupon that would not have been accepted, and my post was based on that.  No offense was intended.  Again, sorry you went through this.

Message 10 of 114
latest reply

Blatant SELLER Fraud!!

It seems that that promotion is to encourage buyers to buy from sellers who are in the Managed Payments program.  They don't accept Paypal so you won't see the Paypal logo on their listing.  That is why they ask that you pay with a credit card.

Message 11 of 114
latest reply

Blatant SELLER Fraud!!

@sodelight wrote:

Made what I thought was a simple purchase of 2 bags of cat food on Sunday. Used a $10 off $30 coupon. Just a few minutes later I receive a seller message which states first they found the cat food to be defective when preparing to ship and then that they had returned all the cat food to the distributor due to being defective and didn't know when it would be available again. They asked me if I wanted to cancel...

Why wouldn't they want a sale? I mean, why would they say they found something defective if it wasn't and lose a sale? Just curious.

Message 12 of 114
latest reply

Blatant SELLER Fraud!!

It seems that that promotion is to encourage buyers to buy from sellers who are in the Managed Payments program.  They don't accept Paypal so you won't see the Paypal logo on their listing.  That is why they ask that you pay with a credit card.

Yeah, it was easy to figure out the reason for the coupon, and I certainly took advantage of it. grinning  I wish this account had received one, as well. Wouldn't you know I found some more stuff to buy? I bought it anyway. I found something I had been looking for since the mid 1980's. Giddy describes my reaction. Nearly fell out of my chair.

Message 13 of 114
latest reply

Blatant SELLER Fraud!!

@ohnojoey wrote:

@sodelight wrote:

Made what I thought was a simple purchase of 2 bags of cat food on Sunday. Used a $10 off $30 coupon. Just a few minutes later I receive a seller message which states first they found the cat food to be defective when preparing to ship and then that they had returned all the cat food to the distributor due to being defective and didn't know when it would be available again. They asked me if I wanted to cancel...

Why wouldn't they want a sale? I mean, why would they say they found something defective if it wasn't and lose a sale? Just curious.

If I'm understanding the OP corrrectly, the seller is a Walmart dropshipper and Walmart was out of stock so they made up a lie.

Message 14 of 114
latest reply

Blatant SELLER Fraud!!

@sodelight wrote:

Made what I thought was a simple purchase of 2 bags of cat food on Sunday. Used a $10 off $30 coupon. Just a few minutes later I receive a seller message which states first they found the cat food to be defective when preparing to ship and then that they had returned all the cat food to the distributor due to being defective and didn't know when it would be available again. They asked me if I wanted to cancel.

I told them I would not initiate a cancellation and if they selected buyer cancellation as an option I'd contact ebay. I knew they were trying to avoid an OOS defect. I asked them what the defective bad issue was and called them out on their opposing excuses.  I quickly receive a reply stating they found another distributor (on a Sunday) and would be processing my order after all.  They failed to address my questions and left me the canned 'have a nice day' response. I knew this seller was lying about everything and making up reasons as to why they didn't have the product to ship.

Monday shows tracking input.  Today (tuesday) I'm awoken by packages being thrown on my porch. I think, "Wow! They really did ship my cat food". I opened the door and saw a plain white truck pull away. The boxes were from Walmart.com, I was perplexed since I didn't order anything from them. I see the tracking number on the label matches the seller provided tracking. I open up the packages shocked and appalled to see they shipped me 2 4# bags of Kibbles n Bits DOG food and NOT the 12# Fancy Feast CAT food I ordered. I knew they did this on purpose just to mess with me and create a hassle, but needed to be sure it wasn't a warehouse fullfillment mixup. I confirmed this with a call to Walmart, who this seller dropshipped from.  This seller did in fact order the Dog food shipped to me.   I then further confirmed this by seeing Walmart is OOS on the Cat Food I ordered! This proved 100% the seller did this on purpose! When I messaged them about what I received they continued to lie, claiming Walmart filled the order wrong. This was 100% invalid!!  No matter what, this seller wouldn't admit to lying through this entire ordeal.

I phoned ebay throughout these issues. I then had to file a return. Of course I knew the seller would agree in order to avoid the defect they tried to avoid from the start! So minutes later I received a return shipping label addressed to Walmart returns center. I confirmed with Walmart that this seller did in fact expedite a return and Walmart supplied a label. Walmart was appalled that any anyone would do this type of thing to a buyer on purpose.

The shipping label kept printing blank! It required me to download the label versus a direct print option.  It wasn't my error, I printed something immediately after to check. I had to phone ebay yet again and spend a half an hour to get a workable label. The Ebay CS rep lied stating ebay supplied the label when I questioned why I was given a label with a return address to Walmart. There is no way ebay supplied that label, they didn't know where the seller was shipping this bogus item from! I don't understand why the seller was able to get away with this. I'd expect the return would have to go to their seller account address and not a third party.

If sellers wonder where all the buyers have gone they only have other sellers to blame!! All I did was purchase 2 bags of cat food to feed my rescue cats, immediately paying. That should have been it. Instead this has been a nightmare ever since I pressed the purchase button!! While the horrible seller sits at home drop shipping items galore, a buyer is left holding the bag having to make constant phone calls, having my monies out there and having to go through the PITA return process. Not to mention I lost the $10 coupon I used to purchase from this awful person. Ebay claimed they were immediately reissuing it to me, but of course they failed to do so!

This seller is the absolute WORST I've ever come across. The intentional fraud they've perpetrated is simply disgusting! Next time you wonder why ebay has to believe the buyer over the seller as to what they received, think about this post! Ebay continues to let these type of sellers chase away the buyers!

I may get blasted for this but I would have agreed to cancel in a heartbeat. I would just look for it from another seller.  I don't care whether or not a seller gets a defect.  If they are out of stock, they are out of stock and that would be the end of it.

Worrying about if a seller gets a defect is just a waste of my time.  Whatever the reason, I am not going to get what I wanted at that point in time.   This happens all the time in B&M stores.  They are out of stock even when they have a flyer showing the item.  Either I take a raincheck or move on to another store and get my item there.

COYOTES RULE!!!

Message 15 of 114
latest reply