cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Bes practices - Non paying winners

Lately, I have tried to list an items that closes with a win from a bidder with zero feedback who does not pay. I have resisted the same item three times in a row and I continue to close the auction with zero feedback buyers who do not pay.  I look at the bider list and it is filled with zero feedback bidders.

What is the best practice to reduce this

Message 1 of 8
latest reply
1 BEST ANSWER

Accepted Solutions

@macfanclemmons 

You may want to reconsider using the auction style listings to avoid this type of behavior.  Use a fixed price, buy it now, immediate payment required checked off and NO best offers.  You obviously know what your inventory is worth, set the price you want and let it go from there.  This way you'll get serious buyers that will actually pay you and not annoy you with childish antics.  Sellers work hard.  You're here to make money, not chase it.

Good luck & Happy Selling

View Best Answer in original post

Message 8 of 8
latest reply
7 REPLIES 7

If you have relisted it three times you should have a general idea of the value. List it as BIN with Immediate Payment Required.

Not much you can do about non-payers since eBay scrapped the auto-pay option for auctions. 

Message 2 of 8
latest reply

I would decide on a fixed price and list as good to cancel with immediate payment required.

Message 3 of 8
latest reply

Listing as a fixed item is the best solution in my opinion. (with immediate payment selected)

I would be great if sellers could limit sales to buyers with a minimum amount of feedback. (10or less) I thought they had this in place years ago. Or have bidders (on auctions) have pay upfront their maximum bid so if they win, it will be charged automatically.

Message 4 of 8
latest reply

Are you not cancelling after 96 hours of nonpayment, citing "buyer did not pay" as your reason?

Message 5 of 8
latest reply

Pretty sure there has never been a way to require bidders to have a minimum amount of FB before they could buy or bid.  How would any new buyers ever be able to come on board? 

Message 6 of 8
latest reply

@chevymontecarlo88 wrote:

I would be great if sellers could limit sales to buyers with a minimum amount of feedback.

So you believe it would be great to have no new buyers on ebay?  Sounds like a good way to further erode our sales.  

Message 7 of 8
latest reply

@macfanclemmons 

You may want to reconsider using the auction style listings to avoid this type of behavior.  Use a fixed price, buy it now, immediate payment required checked off and NO best offers.  You obviously know what your inventory is worth, set the price you want and let it go from there.  This way you'll get serious buyers that will actually pay you and not annoy you with childish antics.  Sellers work hard.  You're here to make money, not chase it.

Good luck & Happy Selling

Message 8 of 8
latest reply