cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Below Standard Charges for being Above Standard

I recenty went below standard for items not being in stock when they sold. Ive waited 3 months to get back to above standard seller performance as of march 20 2022, and i just sold an item on the 23rd 3 days after being above standard and I am still getting charged 6% for below standard performace. why is this happening? please help! Anyone else ever see this issue? supervisor said they would call me back still nothing.. 

Message 1 of 13
latest reply
12 REPLIES 12

It might be similar to when you get upgraded to Top Rated. If the listing existed prior to the status change. You'll either need to wait until it renews or end and restart the listing to see the fee change when it sells.

My guess is if it is this way from Above Standard to Top Rated. It's the same for Below Standard to Above Standard.

Message 2 of 13
latest reply

While the reviews are done on the 20th, the results don't go into effect until the lst of the next month..........

Message 3 of 13
latest reply

I have never been Below Standard until this month I have been selling on eBay for 5 years? My sales are really slow this month is that causing the slowdown?

Message 4 of 13
latest reply

@devonnshor-0 wrote:

I have never been Below Standard until this month I have been selling on eBay for 5 years? My sales are really slow this month is that causing the slowdown?

Hi @devonnshor-0 , yes it is possible that falling below standard can impact your sales. Below are the listed consequences from eBay's Seller Levels & Performance Standards policy:

"The consequences of falling Below Standard can include:

• Your items may be placed lower in search results
  • We may limit or restrict you from selling on your account and related accounts, or from registering a new account
  • Funds from your sales may be held
  • You'll be charged a higher percentage rate for final value fees
  • You will be blocked from using the Promoted Listings tool, and will not be able to create new campaigns or edit existing campaigns
  • We may downgrade your eBay Store to the Basic level if you've been Below Standard for more than 60 days
  • You'll be unable to access the partial refund tool"

https://www.ebay.com/help/selling/seller-levels-performance-standards/seller-levels-performance-stan...

Message 5 of 13
latest reply

The simple answer is for the amount of sales you show for the last 90 days (on this account) you will have to wait 12 months for the Defects to 'expire' ..

If you can get yourself up to 300 Sold listings a quarter then the Defects will expire in 3 months.

Message 6 of 13
latest reply

That's Not quite right .. 

Gaining Top-Rated Status begins on the fist of the month...

Defects will fall off when the system 'Resets' on the 20th of the month ..

(i am not sure if any Prior Defects that occurred after the 20th might need to wait for the anniversary date to 'expire')

i just had two defects end (1 in Feb & 1 in March) on the 20th of each month, respectfully, the Defect was gone)

Message 7 of 13
latest reply

Same thing here, all items sold after the 20th when we changed back to Above standard are still charging an extra 6%. I contacted via chat. Was told they keep you on below average to encourage you to manage your selling activity above standard for another month. What a joke. Our issue was system related of duped listings in the first place. 

Message 8 of 13
latest reply

Your lucky 3 months they told me it would be a year. I didn't realise they charge you for being g  below standard. Bloody cheek. They sting you every way they can. So angry 😠 hope you get it sorted. I got it fir pushing the wrong button on my phone. 

Message 9 of 13
latest reply

I got it fir pushing the wrong button on my phone. 

@flipvintage 

What?? What (in Heaven's name) button did you push to make that happen? 😮

Message 10 of 13
latest reply

Yep its just another way ebay uses to rap and pillage us for our hard earned money thats all.

I was a top rated seller for 4yrs straight and they took this fee from me the whole 4 yrs so i called one day and spoke to a supervisor and she agreed that i was top rated and should not have had this fee taking money from us at all i have her saying that recorded. 

But it doesn't matter they will just throw lie on top of lie until u leave them alone and stop calling so they can continue stealing our money.

And now ebay goes against there own policies and lets buyers black mail us with bad feedback so they can keep money and items and ebay will just help there scam work and take our money until we finally leave ebay.

Idk who runs this billion dollar company but they need to be fired now and prosecuted for making up stuff to steal all of our moneys.

Message 11 of 13
latest reply

@msg.au.ag.pd.pt 

What "fee" did they take from you for 4 years?

Message 12 of 13
latest reply

Hi everyone,

Due to the age of this thread, it has been closed to further replies. Please feel free to start a new thread if you wish to continue to discuss this topic.

Thank you for understanding.

Message 13 of 13
latest reply