cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Be aware before you go to use your Shipping Supplies coupon

The ebay shipping supplies seller is now in managed payments so you won't be able to use your PP balance if you go over.

And for those us who are being charged Sales Tax on these now, you either have to use a cc or can't use the coupon.

Reality is the leading cause of stress.
Message 1 of 39
latest reply
38 REPLIES 38

Re: Be aware before you go to use your Shipping Supplies coupon

Yes you can use your paypal balance you just need to type in the card numbers

Opportunity is missed by most people because it is dressed in overalls and looks like work. Thomas Edison
Message 2 of 39
latest reply

some sellers may not have a PP card
Message 3 of 39
latest reply

@myjunqueyourtreasure wrote:
some sellers may not have a PP card

Then any old credit card will do. Even the debit/ATM card on your bank acount.

Message 4 of 39
latest reply

@smenkveld wrote:

Yes you can use your paypal balance you just need to type in the card numbers

@smenkveld

Not everyone that has a PP account has a PP debit card.  So they can't do as you suggest.

mam98031  •  Volunteer Community Member  •  Buyer/Seller since 1999
Message 5 of 39
latest reply

I just assumed that all sellers that have a store and take paypal would have a paypal debit card because of the convenience and the cash back feature.

Opportunity is missed by most people because it is dressed in overalls and looks like work. Thomas Edison
Message 6 of 39
latest reply

Well, that could be a good work-around for those buyers who still want to use PayPal, but want to purchase from a Managed Payments seller.

It looks like the PayPal debit card is for Business account holders only.

https://www.paypal.com/us/smarthelp/article/what-is-the-paypal-business-debit-mastercard%C2%AE-and-h...

But, there's also a PayPal Cash Card, that it looks like anyone can get. However, you can only use it to access your PayPal balance, so buyers would have to have sufficient balance in the account for what they are purchasing. It doesn't say anything about cash-back.

https://www.paypal.com/us/webapps/mpp/cash-card

Message 7 of 39
latest reply

Why in the world would I allow Paypal to use MY money for any longer than I have to?   I sweep my account daily to my bank account.  I'm not going to transfer money from my Paypal account to a Paypal debit card so they can continue using MY money, even if they pay me a piddly 1% Cash Back for allowing them to make money on my money.  No thanks.

Message 8 of 39
latest reply

Thank you for this update--I had no idea that things had changed. 

Message 9 of 39
latest reply

Well also be aware the box to "keep this card on file" is checked by default.

Talk about sleazy

Message 10 of 39
latest reply

Uggh--What can I say that I haven't already said? The trickery and greed know no boundaries. One thing is always constant here--the need to ALWAYS be looking over your shoulder and watching your own back. 

Message 11 of 39
latest reply

Always.
Message 12 of 39
latest reply

@smenkveld wrote:

I just assumed that all sellers that have a store and take paypal would have a paypal debit card because of the convenience and the cash back feature.

Nope.  Heck I don't have a debit card from anywhere, period.  They aren't as protected as a credit card, therefore I don't carry one at all.  I would much rather use a credit card.  I only use credit cards with a cash back bonus as well.

Besides transferring money from PP to my bank only takes a day or two at most.  They are really fast.

Message 13 of 39
latest reply

@lacemaker3 wrote:

Well, that could be a good work-around for those buyers who still want to use PayPal, but want to purchase from a Managed Payments seller.

It looks like the PayPal debit card is for Business account holders only.

https://www.paypal.com/us/smarthelp/article/what-is-the-paypal-business-debit-mastercard%C2%AE-and-h...

But, there's also a PayPal Cash Card, that it looks like anyone can get. However, you can only use it to access your PayPal balance, so buyers would have to have sufficient balance in the account for what they are purchasing. It doesn't say anything about cash-back.

https://www.paypal.com/us/webapps/mpp/cash-card

While they may call it something different, they are both Debit Cards.  They both pull from whatever money you have in your bank or in this case in PP.   I think the difference between the two cards is that on the business card you can get cash back bonuses.

Message 14 of 39
latest reply

I find that box checked on many of the sites I shop on and always have to uncheck it - it's not just an Ebay thing.

Message 15 of 39
latest reply