cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Basic information with fewer keywords.

Working with e-bay algorithms is tricky. I noticed less is better (at least for what I sell). And if I am not sure, then

I wait the few minutes after listing and search for my item using keywords as if I were a potential buyer.

If the item is buried in page 15 then I make a few changes (sometimes going by other sellers similar items). Then when I search after the change the item will appear page 1 or right up top. I do not promote either.

This works for me but maybe not for others.

Message 1 of 4
latest reply
3 REPLIES 3

For the same item.  Some days less is better. Some days more is better.
There's no logical reasoning to it either.
Also, the quicker you run a search for your item, the sooner it seems to show up.  Wait a few days and try again, it might be almost impossible to find.

Message 2 of 4
latest reply

Sellers who put "vintage"..."antique"..."rare" in front of their title make no sense.

Buyers know what is old or rare or vintage and so on.

I do promote only the most expensive items since they don't sell so quickly and it helps to get on someone else's selling page.

Message 3 of 4
latest reply

@12345jamesstamps wrote:

Sellers who put "vintage"..."antique"..."rare" in front of their title make no sense.

Buyers know what is old or rare or vintage and so on.

I do promote only the most expensive items since they don't sell so quickly and it helps to get on someone else's selling page.

It means something to eBay.   Vintage in item specifics
It's one of our many, once a week, sarcastic, running jokes.
"I got to put Vintage in item specifics for this item" 😂

Message 4 of 4
latest reply