cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Barely any views on my listings

I talked to someone at ebay a couple of days ago asking why my listings aren't being viewed. This has been going on for a couple of years now.  In the past these same items have had many views.  I have read comments about it having to do with promotions, and that unless you promote your item it really won't be seen.  The customer service rep said that it has to do with too much punctuation in my titles.  I figured that was bogus, so I took out the punctuation in several of my titles just to see what would happen.  Surprise (not)...I am still getting zero views on the items I changed!  Do most of you think it relates to promotions?  

Message 1 of 32
latest reply
31 REPLIES 31

Re: Barely any views on my listings

What I meant was it happened a couple of years ago when it suddenly dropped to zero and hasn't changed over time.  Does that make more sense?

Message 16 of 32
latest reply

I finally went out of my way and opened a booth in another site... in a few hours I had +400 views in 40 listings. 

I list something here I get 40-50 views in the same number of listings... per week. 

Message 17 of 32
latest reply

@staciof4 wrote:

What I meant was it happened a couple of years ago when it suddenly dropped to zero and hasn't changed over time.  Does that make more sense?

Views are counted differently now - only organic views now, i.e., someone has to bring your item up in search rather than just indexing or a web crawler.

“The most common way people give up their power is by thinking they don’t have any.”
— Alice Walker

#freedomtoread
#readbannedbooks
Message 18 of 32
latest reply

bring it up, and also "click" on it...............

Message 19 of 32
latest reply

@staciof4 wrote:

Yes, when put together, ....................... that makes more sense 😊

Talking to eBay "a couple of days ago" about something that happened "a couple of years ago" did not link ............ for me.

Message 20 of 32
latest reply

This has been going on for a couple of years now. In the past these same items have had many views.

Things change.

Tastes change.

If you are not updating your stock, or at least your listings constantly there will be less and less interest in your products.

You have 82 keystrokes for your titles.

The first four words are often cited as the only ones seen on phones and over half of eBayers shop on their phones.

Message 21 of 32
latest reply

I realize that the popular opinion is that views have little importance since sales are what matters.   Yes, to some degree.  However, views may also indicate visibility.   I currently have about 25 items with no views.  Common wisdom may indicate these are undesirable items.  However, after analyzing the view stats - these items received love up until April 23rd - then nothing until the end of May until July 25 - and then nothing.  Some items listed after July 25th have had no views . . . period.   Also, some of these items were sold by other Sellers during the time periods I was not receiving views.  Admittedly,  I am far less wise and experienced than many of you - please provide me some clarity.

Message 22 of 32
latest reply

High prices combined with items that are not in demand and have really slow sell thru rates combined with auctions will do that.

I've had items sit for weeks and get 1 view and sell while other items garner 100's of views until they sell. The more views it takes for an item to sell tells me not to pick that item up again. I want a high conversion rate.

Message 23 of 32
latest reply

The more views it takes for an item to sell tells me not to pick that item up again. 

Good point.

Most of my sales are for items that have one or two Views.

I do admit cheerfully that I sell long tail items to collectors.

I've had little success with sending Offers to Viewers, even though those Views are less than a month old now, and reasonable success with Promoted Listings Standard at the 2% minimum.

Message 24 of 32
latest reply

Ebay does have 100% control if and when your listings are shown, and where they are shown in the search results.  

Message 25 of 32
latest reply

When in the year did you see the views dropping off?

Message 26 of 32
latest reply

That is 100% truth. eBay likes sellers that make them the most money.  I have items for sale for 20 and up that other sellers will sell for much much more, therefore they get more of their items shown. I upped my prices triple and quadruple a few weeks or so back and within hours I had more sales. Sales stayed for a while until I started ending them to run cheap auctions so I could possibly get rid of a bunch to lighten the inventory. Sales stopped again. Hence why it's gotten harder to ACTUALLY find the lowest price of an item you're looking for. They want you to sell high and promote even higher. When my prices were much much higher my items visibility increased and views shot thru the roof. 

Message 27 of 32
latest reply

B/C eBay changed the way views are counted, over a year ago now.  Chapeau already explained it.  All bot views were removed & the time period changed, so everyone's views plummeted. 

This one goes to Eleven - Nigel Tufnel

Simply-the-best-for-you Volunteer Community Mentor
eBay Seller since 1996

Message 28 of 32
latest reply

How avid of a buyer have you been in the past year?

For some......It seems wisdom has been chasing you, but you have always been faster.
Message 29 of 32
latest reply

The difference in how views are counted in about April 2022 was a pretty drastic change for some who were accustomed to having tons of views. Then nada. See the policy below with a more thorough explanation.

https://www.ebay.com/help/selling/listings/listing-tips/page-views?id=4165#:~:text=You%20can%20find%...)

Message 30 of 32
latest reply