cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Banned from selling

I have been selling on the eBay for 20 years. Last year I went in to the hospital on May 9th and did not get released until Dec.20th. I was in pretty bad shape. Since then back in hospital 3 times, but finally doing better. Well eBay banned me from selling because of course I had items listed when I went into hospital. I called and tried explaining to them I could not take care of my account.  I even told them that I could provide proof.  I had great feedback prior to this happening.  I just don't understand!

Message 1 of 11
latest reply
10 REPLIES 10

Re: Banned from selling

Sorry to hear that but rules are rules.

They can't (and shouldn't) make exceptions for health or any other reasons.

Where do you draw the line? House fire? Car accident? Struck by lightning?

Last year I was suddenly and unexpectedly hospitalized and bedridden for 4 months.

I managed to have someone put my listings on "away" and ship out my outstanding orders.

You should always have a plan in place or a friend/relative who can help you with ebay in an emergency.

In any case I'm glad that you're better and hope you have a full recovery.

Undone - Bachman & Cummings
Message 2 of 11
latest reply

Would Ebay not help you to put your store on time away/closed mode when you asked them?

Message 3 of 11
latest reply

Not sure exactly why you were banned for what. You don't have any negative or neutral feedback except one.

I can't imagine everyone being nice and not leaving but one negative feedback for all that time. It's kinda seems like someone was taking care of the account. Just an opinion. 

Message 4 of 11
latest reply

Wait, you really just don't understand? I think you've not thought this through very well. I think you understand. 

Message 5 of 11
latest reply

When I had a heart attack and needed emergency bypass surgery, I put my listings on another marketplace on vacation using my smartphone in the ER.

Message 6 of 11
latest reply

Doctor: "someone confiscate that phone".

I have my instructions written for Amazon and Ebay and tucked into my small book of passwords which is unburied on my computer desk. Problem is that I cannot be sure DH would be motivated to take care of putting my stuff on vacation. His willingness to help is erratic. Possibly my son would do it but it but only if I ask and give basic instructions. Nobody would come up with the idea of putting me on vacation if I didn't ask. So if I'm knocked out I'm out of luck. 

Message 7 of 11
latest reply

So sorry to hear of your health problems and getting bumped from selling. I think if you take some time and maybe buy a few things on ebay it might help later to reestablish yourself here. Its not fun getting ill and i wish you the best.

Message 8 of 11
latest reply

The phone reps have little if any power to help.  While chances are slim you'd be reinstated, you'll have better success talking to the eBay reps on Facebook (they don't work for Facebook, they work for eBay, they just use Facebook Messenger for communication).  These reps have more power to help and are generally more understanding.

https://www.facebook.com/eBayForBusiness

Message 9 of 11
latest reply

My daughter called them and ask to put my account on hold.

Message 10 of 11
latest reply

Thank you!

Message 11 of 11
latest reply