cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

BUYERS ABANDON SHIP SELLERS LEFT HANGING / CORONA VIRUS BOLAGNA

WAS DOING GREAT BUT LAST WEEK OR SO BUYERS HAVE DRIED UP TO A NON EXISTANT STATE..NOT SURE HOW GOING TO PAY EBAY BILLS WITHOUT BUYERS ..HOPE THEY  SOON HELP OUT THE SELLERS LIKE THEY ALWAYS DO THE BUYERS..WHICH ARE NOW ALL GONE

Message 1 of 32
latest reply
31 REPLIES 31

Re: BUYERS ABANDON SHIP SELLERS LEFT HANGING / CORONA VIRUS BOLAGNA

What's a bolagna? Sounds like some kind of Caribbean folk dance.

Message 2 of 32
latest reply

and that is so true. Have sold nothing in a week. Plus last week was bad as well. 

Message 3 of 32
latest reply

@doubleyellowamazon wrote:

and that is so true. Have sold nothing in a week. Plus last week was bad as well. 

Sorry to hear this. My sales have been a bit slower, but steady. I believe once the buying frenzy in the stores subsides. more and more people will realize that buying online is MUCH safer than being in the crowded shops! Brick and mortar buying may experience a huge slump over eBay and similar online venues because it is FAR safer. Right now, I think most people are focusing on buying some supplies but once things settle down and more and more will stay home, online shopping will get a boost. Hang in there!

PW

Message 4 of 32
latest reply

If you sell antiques I wouldn't be surprised your sales are down. Pretty much anyone including myself that sells consumer discretionary items are felling it now. Right now most people with discretionary dollars are spending it on stocking up on things they might need in case this virus thing get worse. I'm not going crazy like many but I have stocked up on some food items that don't spoil and always use myself just in case. 

Since ebay fees themselves make up about 10% of sales for most seller if you budget you should have no problem paying it. Just my two cents.  

Message 5 of 32
latest reply

thanks for this amazing post, my belly still hurts from extreme laughing! I needed this iart!
Message 6 of 32
latest reply

@prettywoman-2012 wrote:

@doubleyellowamazon wrote:

Brick and mortar buying may experience a huge slump over eBay and similar online venues because it is FAR safer. 

PW

To clarify: What I meant by the above was, "Brick and mortar buying may experience a huge slump over eBay and similar online venues because it is FAR safer to purchase things online than in the physical stores. 

PW

Message 7 of 32
latest reply

Today is Day 9 of the daily disappointment for me. Nothing working right now, almost every single item in my store is either 11% off or 30% off, markdown manager. Part of it I believe is people focused more on essentials, partly the issues with search. 

I work as a vendor and go from store to store all day and can tell you, people are  not taking the safe, sensible route and staying home. Every store has empty shelves and people have carts overflowing, $300-$500 worth of stuff.  The shortages are astounding. 

Message 8 of 32
latest reply

Go to your listings and try reviving some of the items by adding "promotional" listing. It is located

towards the bottom of your listing. Does it cost you more? Sure....but something is better than nothing

when items sell. I use it and have been doing well when my items are "sponsored".

Message 9 of 32
latest reply

Thank you for your response. I have tried promoted listings several times. Currently havee 68 of my 160 items promoted, most well above the trending rate. Have tried this over and over in the past and after 7-10 without I sale, i take it off. Just doesnt work. 

Appreciate the help.  I know everyone will say it is an overly saturated category.  I agree but why did everything go to nothig Jan 14 of this year, down from a big drop that started with last years spring update. 

Pretty much done with the time spent here, the mess in 2 bedrooms with packing materials, boxes, totes full of stuff that don't sell. Being way out on a back road, yard sale is not an option for me. Tried selling lots of other stuff and yes, some sold but others sit forever.

Almost constantly have stuff on markdown, not much help lately, used to work. Any other suggestions appreciated. I study what has sold using advanced search, study their titles, nothing changes. Just stuck

Message 10 of 32
latest reply

Just so all of you know, Bolagna is really old Bologna (baloney) and it really smells bad.  I think we just might see a kick in sales once all of these people staying at home find out there is nothing else to do.  My sales are down but still steady and I sell mostly discretionary items.  Spend your Ebay time refreshing the descriptions, adding new pictures and planning a promotion or two.  What have you got to lose except money.  So just to keep things along the same line, take a look at your Bolagna that is not selling and do some merchandising.  I like that word.  If only Ebay's promotions were real merchandising instead of just price dropping.   

Message 11 of 32
latest reply

I would suggest that the restocking vendors start working the midnight shift when the customers are locked out.
Message 12 of 32
latest reply

No doubt stale inventory must be churned one way or another. Many newer ebay sellers get stuck in a rut where they believe every last "treasure" must be sold, even if they relist it forty times. I track the cost of each lot I purchase and once I have made a profit (which can happen the first week or sometimes in a year) the rest of that lot gets discounted, donated or tossed to make space for future inventory. Selling a few items at a small loss is better than keeping it around for five years. You can expense the amount of the loss as a write off on your taxes.
Message 13 of 32
latest reply

No doubt that the recent stock market volatility has brought disposable income to a close.  Top that off with a world-wide pandemic and the uncertainty of whether you will have a job in a month it is not surprising that sales have stopped for many sellers.  I would expect a rough three months ahead and keep plugging away.

Message 14 of 32
latest reply

People need to slow down and stop this stupid panic mode ! People has rushed out and did this and that and grabbed up stuff they have created the shortage of. Believe me they will not stop making toilet paper or butchering beef and chickens will not stop laying eggs. The president has taken every measure he can to get things under control and I have faith he will. Then you got the greedy out there buying up stuff and trying to make a profit off price gouging and they should be ashamed. Relax and things will get back to normal and do as the state and federal authorities tell you. And protect our borders ! This is America and we need to act like were are the home of the brave !!

Message 15 of 32
latest reply