cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

BUYER OPENED INR CASE WHEN TRACKING SHOWS DELIVERED AND EBAY STILL REFUNDED THEM.

I honestly don't know where to start. A buyer from Canada purchased a NECA  figure and it was sent to the address given from the buyer and delivered on the 9th of December. He immediately opened a case and messaged me saying he didn't receive the package even though it shows it was delivered in Canada. I contact eBay and they tell me because it shows it was delivered that I'm in the clear and don't have to worry about anything and to wait the 4 days for them to step in and I'll win the case. Well that didn't happen, the buyer contacted them and they gave him a full refund. I started an appeal and was denied because it said I did not "upload tracking information in time" which is utterly insane because it shows it was delivered and it was sent through eBay international delivery service. The buyer is brand new to eBay, his account is only a few months old and already has multiple negative "positive" feedbacks. I honestly feel like even when it's cut and dry like this eBay always sides with the buyer. Any recommendations of what I can do from this point to try to get my money back. Not only am I out the price of the item but also the full $18 shipping cost. 

Message 1 of 40
latest reply
1 BEST ANSWER

Accepted Solutions

BUYER OPENED INR CASE WHEN TRACKING SHOWS DELIVERED AND EBAY STILL REFUNDED THEM.

You mean the tracking number that already loaded when you purchase a label but NEVER makes it over automatically to a dispute?

kyle@ebay 

Kyle this is a problem that has gone on far to long and needs immediate attention.

View Best Answer in original post

Message 8 of 40
latest reply
39 REPLIES 39

Your first mistake was contacting customer support. They are pretty much useless these days and often give out incorrect and/or bad information. You have little recourse at the moment since you did not respond to the INR. You could try contacting eBay through the facebook connection. If you had come to this forum with the issue rather than calling customer support or if you had read the MBG help file you could have avoided this. 

https://www.ebay.com/help/policies/ebay-money-back-guarantee-policy/ebay-money-back-guarantee-policy... 

Message 2 of 40
latest reply

Did you provide/confirm the tracking number again within the INR case? As silly as it sounds, the seller must confirm the tracking number for the shipment regardless of having used the ebay shipping system &/or having already uploaded the tracking number in the order details.

Message 3 of 40
latest reply

Did you respond to the INR case and upload the tracking number there?

When an INR is opened, you have 3 days to upload the tracking number to the case, showing the item was delivered.

Those buyers can report the feedback you left them and you would get hit with policy violations.

Have a great day
Message 4 of 40
latest reply

I don't see where you 'responded' to the INR Case when it was first opened. You are NOT to contact anyone or 'escalate' to ebay, you are to simply 'respond' to the case with the tracking number. 

Cases do NOT look at what you shipped, how you shipped, where you purchased the label etc. The Case simply looks at the RESPONSE of the tracking that you inputted into the 'case' when asked.

Did you do that? 

Message 5 of 40
latest reply

It says right on the policy that the tracking information automatically uploads to the purchase so the excuse they are giving you is wrong....unless the item was shipped late or arrived late.

https://www.ebay.com/help/shipping-items/ebay-international-standard-delivery/selling/setting-shippi...

janet9988_0-1671231124246.png

For some......It seems wisdom has been chasing you, but you have always been faster.
Message 6 of 40
latest reply

When a customer files a INR you ALWAYS respond to it with the tracking number.

Smoke From A Distant Fire - Sanford Townsend Band
Message 7 of 40
latest reply

You mean the tracking number that already loaded when you purchase a label but NEVER makes it over automatically to a dispute?

kyle@ebay 

Kyle this is a problem that has gone on far to long and needs immediate attention.

Message 8 of 40
latest reply

Why isn't it automatically done by eBay's program?

Message 9 of 40
latest reply

Why should anyone have too... eBay system should automatically have the number already!

Message 10 of 40
latest reply

I'm guessing it's because Return Cases Opened is a different entity than the 'item purchased/item shipped' which would show the tracking number.

What I know is it's been this way for years- answer the case or lose both item and cash and get the wonderful 'ding' to your seller metrics by not taking care of your customer and ebay having to 'do it' for you. 

Message 11 of 40
latest reply

Yes the tracking number uploads to ebay automatically,

but when it comes to  INR dispute you have to manually add it to the dispute.  

It has been this way for years.

I usually add the tracking number to the dispute along with a short note like...

"Tracking shows it was delivered 21-1-22."

Smoke From A Distant Fire - Sanford Townsend Band
Message 12 of 40
latest reply

@gotta-have-it-collectables wrote:

kyle@ebay 

nh7235_0-1671234308731.png

Before you step off of the ledge kyle@ebay FYI.

Message 13 of 40
latest reply

@nh7235 

Because of an issue with using the "quote" feature in your post and the way the screenshot has been posted, it's impossible to tell what was in the quoted comment and what you've added yourself.

If you indeed added the paragraph about uploading a tracking number, it's not at all helpful unless you can cite a source for that information. Just a snippet of a screenshot without an author or a date or any other identifying data is not helpful.

Message 14 of 40
latest reply

@janet9988 wrote:

It says right on the policy that the tracking information automatically uploads to the purchase so the excuse they are giving you is wrong....unless the item was shipped late or arrived late.

https://www.ebay.com/help/shipping-items/ebay-international-standard-delivery/selling/setting-shippi...

janet9988_0-1671231124246.png

Yeah eBay will automatically upload the tracking just as they upload the tracking for USPS labels purchased on eBay BUT that is an upload to the Order Details, it is NOT an upload to any type of INR request/case.

When an INR Request/Claim is started it clearly states you have to add the tacking information.

Message 15 of 40
latest reply