cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

BUYER DEMAND A REFUND AFTER MONTHS OF OWNING A PRODUCT!

Ok so I have one buy that bought from me months ago, maybe almost 1 year ago. Today they came back to me and demand a refund because the items they bought from me is defective. Do they still have the right to claim a refund after almost 1 year of using the product? Am I'm protected by eBay? I honestly don't know what's going on in this situation. Any reply would be appreciated!

Message 1 of 25
latest reply
24 REPLIES 24

Re: BUYER DEMAND A REFUND AFTER MONTHS OF OWNING A PRODUCT!

I checked and the transaction was October 19, 2020. 1 year ago. I'll put that massage forward, Thanks!

Message 16 of 25
latest reply

I just checked and the transaction was October 19, 2020. 1 year ago. It was a set of pans. It was 3 figure. You are right, there are people like this in the world, plus everything brakes. I'll take your advise going forward!

Message 17 of 25
latest reply

I'll try that strategy, I checked and the transaction was October 19, 2020. 1 year ago. I am thinking about blocking that buyer too. Thanks!

Message 18 of 25
latest reply

I checked and the transaction was October 19, 2020. 1 year ago. I am thinking about blocking that buyer too. Thanks!

Message 19 of 25
latest reply

I would block, including communication, and not reply - the buyer is fishing.  You don't need to get into a back and forth with this person.  If you do reply, then you're stuck with their messages for 60-90 days.

ETA: What you sold them makes no difference, it's just when.

“The most common way people give up their power is by thinking they don’t have any.”
— Alice Walker

#freedomtoread
#readbannedbooks
Message 20 of 25
latest reply

Interesting this is happening to you I’m having the same problem . I had a buyer Purchase an item from me 13 months ago. Out of nowhere PayPal gives me a charge back for the amount of money I couldn’t even imagine what it was for they said that I didn’t send a refund. Needless to say this took a long time to figure out but I’m now in a battle for an item that was sold 13 months ago that the buyer still has . Ebay has no way of helping me at this point purchase an item from me 13 months ago. Out of nowhere PayPal gives me a charge back for the amount of money I couldn’t even imagine what it was for they said that I didn’t send a refund. Needless to say this took a long time to figure out but I’m now in a battle for an item that was sold 13 months ago. Ebay has no way of helping me at this so  I am At the mercy of PayPal to help . 79.00 being held . I had no idea that a chargeback could occur from such a long time ago.

Message 21 of 25
latest reply

Oh gosh let them file a letter with the bank they won't do anything. Don't respond to them any further. They can threaten everything under the sun and even say they will get ebay into it but nothing can or will happen. No worries at all. Crazy is as crazy does lol

Message 22 of 25
latest reply

@marketshop2020 wrote:

I just checked and the transaction was October 19, 2020. 1 year ago. It was a set of pans. It was 3 figure. You are right, there are people like this in the world, plus everything brakes. I'll take your advise going forward!

You said this set of cookware sold for three figures?    Many of the better cookware sets are sold new with a lifetime warranty.    Is there a chance that the buyer believes this warranty was offered by you with the sale of the pans?    It was not, of course.   I'm just suggesting that might be the source of the buyer's belief that he can get a refund a year after the purchase.

Anyhow, I would just ignore the message.

=

Message 23 of 25
latest reply

If the buyer has a good reason, and can support their complaint, you should refund them. Or they can open a case with Paypal for 180 days from purchase 

Message 24 of 25
latest reply

Frankly, I don't see that a letter to that bank would accomplish anything.  They could write a letter to the manufacturer and see if they will do anything but even if the manufacturer offers a lifetime warranty it probably wouldn't have carried over to them unless you were an authorized retailer of the product.  However, they could give it a try.

I agree that you should put them on your BBL.

"It is an intelligent man that is aware of his own ignorance."
Message 25 of 25
latest reply