cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

BOE Taxes: Total Gross Sales

I'm trying to do my BOE taxes and I'm confused. I called the BOE to ask about total gross sales. I was told  I need to include all sales in my total gross sales  even if if was sold out of state (California). So, I input my total gross sales and did my deductions, and I still get charged California statewide tax for all my sales which includes the sales to out of state customers. I only charge sales tax for California sales. Does anyone know why statewide California tax  is applied to all sales instead of just the sales made in California?

Message 1 of 4
latest reply
1 BEST ANSWER

Accepted Solutions

Re: BOE Taxes: Total Gross Sales

@stickyhanddesigns wrote:

I'm trying to do my BOE taxes and I'm confused. I called the BOE to ask about total gross sales. I was told  I need to include all sales in my total gross sales  even if if was sold out of state (California). So, I input my total gross sales and did my deductions, and I still get charged California statewide tax for all my sales which includes the sales to out of state customers. I only charge sales tax for California sales. Does anyone know why statewide California tax  is applied to all sales instead of just the sales made in California?

Then, you did it wrong.

'Sales in Interstate or Foreign Commerece' is a deduction.  It gets subtracted from the 'Total Taxable Transactions'.

Not saying 'NO' doesn't mean 'YES'.

The foolishness of one's actions or words is determined by the number of witnesses.

Perhaps if Brains were described as an APP, many people would use them more often.

Respect, like money, is only of 'worth' when it is earned - with all due respect, it can not be ordained, legislated or coerced. Anonymous

View Best Answer in original post

Message 2 of 4
latest reply
3 REPLIES 3

@stickyhanddesigns wrote:

Then, you did it wrong.

'Sales in Interstate or Foreign Commerece' is a deduction.  It gets subtracted from the 'Total Taxable Transactions'.

The foolishness of one's actions or words is determined by the number of witnesses.

Perhaps if Brains were described as an APP, many people would use them more often.

Respect, like money, is only of 'worth' when it is earned - with all due respect, it can not be ordained, legislated or coerced. Anonymous
Message 2 of 4
latest reply

Yeah I did do it wrong, I just found the answer I was looking for. Thank you.

Message 3 of 4
latest reply

Murphy's Law - You will do it wrong the first time.

Message 4 of 4
latest reply