cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

BEWARE OF THIS SCAM THIS IS HOW YOURE GETTING FRAUDED WHEN THERE IS NO RETURN PACKAGE YOU RECEIVED!

I just found this scam!

BEWARE:

This is how they are scamming sellers.  DROPSHIPPERS NEED TO BE BANNED. ALL OF THEM!

The setup:

JON DOE buys something from your website.  Jon DOE is local to  you and is dropshipping items on his shop on AMAZON/FACEBOOK/ETSY/WALMART/EBAY/ etc.

Me the seller, ships Jon Doe's item to his customer that he entered into ebay system.  which is a location, lets say OREGON.

Jon Doe watches the tracking #, as soon as its delivered, they will open a return with false return claim.

Selller loads the label for Jon Doe.

Jon Doe does not use your label.  

Jon doe buys an item from Florida, to ship to his address, which is in the same City and State as you. 

Jon doe then gives ebay the Tracking # of his order from FL for the Return that he is shipping back to me supposedly, and shows delivered on USPS.  It will only show the city and state.

Jon doe calls ebay to manipulate ebay and open a case and gets a full refund for $900.

Jon doe now got his item he sold to Oregon for free.  $900. 

Me the Seller, does not have the tracking #!   Ebay can give it to  you.  

CALL EBAY AND HAVE THEM CONTACT USPS TO GET THE DELIVERY ADDRESS OF THE FAKE TRACKING #.

They will find out it went to antoher address on purpose. 

IF YOU ARE ABLE TO GOTO THE POST OFFICE AND THEY GIVE YOU A PRINT OUT OF THE DELIVERY ADDRESS, AND THEIMAGE OF THE PACKAGE SCANNED.  THEN YOU CAN SEND IT TO EBAY.  HOWEVER USPS WILL NOT DO THIS UNLESS THEY TRULY KNOW YOU AND YOUR BUSINESS NEEDS.

EBAY WILL REFUND THE BUYER.  EBAY WILL NOT HELP YOU UNLESS YOU CAN SHOW PROOF.  EBAY CAN GET THE INFORMATION BUT THEY CHOOSE NOT TO.

WHICH IS CAUSE FOR EVERYONE TO START A LAWSUIT.

THERE IS SO MUCH MORE GOING ON THAT I HAVE FOUND AND HELPED EBAY WITH.  BUT THEY DO NOT CARE AND STILL HAVE NOT FIXED ANYTHING AFTER 10 MONTHS OF ME HELPING AND USING MY ACCOUNT TO PROVE TO THEM THAT I AM BEING TARGETED.

THIS IS THE MAIN SCAM GOING ON RIGHT NOW WITH DROPSHIPPERS!  

IF YOU SELL ON ALL MARKETPLACES AND NOTICE THAT YOUR AMAZON AND WALMART LISTINGS KEEP GETTING TAKEN DOWN FOR FALSE FAKE ITEM, TOO MANY RETURNS, IS BECAUSE THEY ARE ATTACKING YOU TO TAKE YOU OUT.

THEY WILL USE YOUR EBAY AND WEBSITE SO THEY CAN SELL IT ON AMAZON AND WALMART

SCAM #2:

DROPSHIPPERS ARE SELLING YOUR OPEN BOX ITEMS AND USED ITEMS AS NEW ON AMAZON AND WALMART AND ETSY,  AND OPENING BAD RETURNS BECAUSE OF HOW THEY SELL IT.  IF YOU NOTICE THAT YOUR EBAY HAS A TON OF FALSE CLAIM RETURNS IS BECAUSE THEY ARE SELIING IT SIDE WAYS!

I HAVE PROOF OF EVERYTHING

THE DROPSHIPPER WILL HAVE TO ENTER THE CUSTOMERS INFO INTO EBAY.

CONTACT THE CUSTOMER!!!!

TELL THEM WHO YOU ARE, ASK THEM WHERE THEY BOUGHT IT!  THEY WILL SAY ANOTHER MARKETPLACE

ASK THEM THE CONDITION IF THE ITEM PURCHASED WAS OPEN BOX.  THE CUSTOMER WILL NOT KNOW

THIS MEANS THAT THE EBAY ACCOUNT BUYING THE ITEM FROM YOU(THE SELLER), IS A FAKE ACCOUNT!!!!

THEY WILL OPEN A FAKE RETURN AND JUST SEND YOU BACK AN EMPTY ENVELOPE!!!!!  

I HAVE IMAGES AND SCREENSHOTS TO SHOW ANYONE WHO WANTS TO KNOW.  

Message 1 of 35
latest reply
34 REPLIES 34

Re: BEWARE OF THIS SCAM THIS IS HOW YOURE GETTING FRAUDED WHEN THERE IS NO RETURN PACKAGE YOU RECEIV

DUDE NONE OF YOU ARE SMART,  ITS THE BUYER.

Message 16 of 35
latest reply

Re: BEWARE OF THIS SCAM THIS IS HOW YOURE GETTING FRAUDED WHEN THERE IS NO RETURN PACKAGE YOU RECEIV

GO LOOK AT THE GOD **bleep** IMAGES

Message 17 of 35
latest reply

EVERYONE GO LOOK AT THE IMAGES, THIS PERSON CAN'T HELP DO ANYTHING.

EVEN IF YOU GET YOUR MONEY BACK, LOOK AT THE **bleep** SCAM.

THIS IS HAPPENING FOR 3 YEARS AND EVEN EBAY KNOWS.  IF YOU TRY TO DENY IT, THEN ITS CLEAR YOU DON'T KNOW WHAT THE HELL IS GOING ON.

SO GO LOOK AT THE IMAGES.  AND NOTHING YOU DO CAN DO ANYTHING WITH THIS SCAM.

EBAY REFUNDED THEM RIGHT AWAY WITHOUT INVESTIGATING!

Message 18 of 35
latest reply

ANYONE CAN PICK ANY ADDRESS AND SHIP BACK AN EMPTY ENVELOPE TO A RANDOM ADDRESS IN YOUR CITY, ON ANY RETURN, AND EBAY WILL NOT INVESTIGATE.

AND ILL TELL YOU WHAT.  YOU TRY TO GO GET THIS PAPERWORK FROM THE POSTOFFICE. AND TELL ME HOW HARD IT IS.

Message 19 of 35
latest reply

I just saw a listing on FB Marketplace with pictures, a title, and description exactly like mine. Very bizarre to see your own blood, sweat, and tears just copied and pasted onto a shoddy Facebook page for more than what you’re asking. And funnily enough, people still buy it because they are inexperienced with eBay. Haven’t had anything bad happen, but if something does occur, I’ll be beyond **bleep**. I guess I’ll take it as a compliment though; my listing was deemed “good enough” to be copied word by word. LOL

Message 20 of 35
latest reply

Here's another way to look at, as i have more screenshots if you want to sound smart again.  You sell crafts.  you know nothing about dropshipping, unless you have multiple accounts dropshipping?

ANYONE CAN OPEN A FORWARDING ADDRESS, AND DO THIS SCAM.  

HAVE THE FORWARDING ADDRESS SHIP TO WHATEVER IT IS YOU LIKE.  YOU GUYS KEEP THINKING YOURE SO SMART, BUT IVE ALREADY CAUGHT AND PROVED EVERYTHING TO EBAY, AND SHOWING YOU DROPSHIPPERS, THAT YOUR BUSINESS IS NOT A BUSINESS!

YOU WANT TO ASSUME NO RISK, AND BLAME ALL SELLERS, BECAUSE YOURE IN THE MIDDLE, AND WANT TO ACT LIKE A BIG CORPORATION AND SAY THE CUSTOMER IS ALWAYS RIGHT.  

Message 21 of 35
latest reply

@bonus-deal 

I never said I was a drop shipper and I'm not a drop shipper.  Maybe you aren't as clever as you think you are. 

mam98031  •  Volunteer Community Member  •  Buyer/Seller since 1999
Message 22 of 35
latest reply

@bonus-deal 

What was your purpose for coming to the community?  Anyone that questions you or has a different viewpoint that you, you just insult them and yell at them.  Why do you even bother coming here if you only want to hear yourself?

Message 23 of 35
latest reply

@bonus-deal 

I don't think ANYONE has stated that what you have described doesn't happen.  I know I haven't said that.  

Some of us just don't agree with you that it is ALL drop shippers and have said that there would be no way you would be able to factually state that anyway.  I get it that you are upset.  That is abundantly clear.  But you are lashing out at people that have tried to help you and carry on a CIVIL conversation, which you don't seem to want any part of.  You prefer to scrap.

Message 24 of 35
latest reply

@bonus-deal 

You are making assumptions again.  I'm well versed on Drop Shipping.  The right way of doing it and the wrong way of doing it.  I'm well aware there are some sellers that drop ship and do not handle things the way they should and I don't have any problem believing that some are using that scam of shipping to another address local to the actual buyer.

That has been a scam for a long time, but seems to have really picked up some speed during the pandemic.  I had it happen to me once as did my husband.  Neither sellers were drop shippers.  

Message 25 of 35
latest reply

Hi everyone,

This thread is getting a bit heated. Please remember that, while it is fine to disagree with others, discussion should always remain courteous and respectful.

Thank you for your cooperation.

Message 26 of 35
latest reply

@bonus-deal wrote:

GO LOOK AT THE GOD **bleep** IMAGES

As we are not eBay employee's, we can not look at your ***** images, nor could we do anything if they were visible to us.

I have been imported from Australia and this is my posting ID
Message 27 of 35
latest reply

Original poster had attached photos to a thread that also contained some inappropriate language.  I don't see that post any longer.

@bonus-deal:     We have seen this type of scam reported before.   You seem confident that this scam is related to drop-shippers.   I sincerely doubt that eBay will be banning drop-shippers.  eBay no longer requires a seller to have the item in-hand before they list.  Many sellers list an item and then have it shipped from a large box store, etc.  

You said it yourself, if you list the current hot items, you are subject to a scammer.   Steer clear of such items and you may be able to lower your blood pressure.

This is my posting user ID.
I have different user IDs for selling, buying and posting.
NOTE: Responders are eBay users like you that volunteer to help other users. We are not compensated by eBay.
Message 28 of 35
latest reply

@*_forum_id_* wrote:

Original poster had attached photos to a thread that also contained some inappropriate language.  I don't see that post any longer.

@bonus-deal:     We have seen this type of scam reported before.   You seem confident that this scam is related to drop-shippers.   I sincerely doubt that eBay will be banning drop-shippers.  eBay no longer requires a seller to have the item in-hand before they list.  Many sellers list an item and then have it shipped from a large box store, etc.  

Thanks, missed that bit. But what you state here    Many sellers list an item and then have it shipped from a large box store, etc.  Is most certainly against eBay policy.

I have been imported from Australia and this is my posting ID
Message 29 of 35
latest reply

You are correct....this is an eBay policy that is difficult to enforce.

https://www.ebay.com/help/selling/shipping-items/setting-shipping-options/drop-shipping?id=4176&st=1... 

This is my posting user ID.
I have different user IDs for selling, buying and posting.
NOTE: Responders are eBay users like you that volunteer to help other users. We are not compensated by eBay.
Message 30 of 35
latest reply