cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Automatic payment on offers not always working

About 4/10 offers I receive that say the buyer will be automatically charged when I accept the offer the payment isn’t instant. Is there a current glitch for this?

Message 1 of 49
latest reply
48 REPLIES 48

Re: Automatic payment on offers not always working

@vintagecraze50 wrote:

I just got opted into this this week and it defaults to my credit card and God knows I do not need to put anything else on credit right now. Can you change that to Pay Pal where I have my debit card?

There should be an option to change it when you are making an offer or bidding to one of the other payments accepted on Ebay.

mam98031  •  Volunteer Community Member  •  Buyer/Seller since 1999
Message 46 of 49
latest reply

@wastingtime101 

So you are confirming that when a buyer submits their payment source when bidding on an item or Making an offer, Ebay does not confirm the payment source?

Message 47 of 49
latest reply

I can't even make offers anymore because of this auto pay crap... If I pay with PayPal it charges a different payment method than I select and if I pay with credit cards I get errors.

Message 48 of 49
latest reply

@quentedurbi0 wrote:

I can't even make offers anymore because of this auto pay crap... If I pay with PayPal it charges a different payment method than I select and if I pay with credit cards I get errors.

Have you checked your PayPal account to make sure you have the right card selected there?  Ebay can't change your PP settings.

Message 49 of 49
latest reply