cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Automatic feedback - Took it away for more money

So it appears that in order to have automatic feedback feature I would need to spend more money which it bullcrap... eBay is not cheap to sell specially if you have smaller store.. I hold a very good standing and ebay keeps taking features away and I will not spend more money for a feature that should be there free... I didn't even know they took it away. Only because a customer contacting wanting me to leave feedback and the whole time it had been doing that auto... I went in and found none of my customers were not getting any and had no idea and spent the last 2 hours sending out feedback 1 at a time.... Top rated seller means nothing to eBay anymore.

Message 1 of 7
latest reply
6 REPLIES 6

Re: Automatic feedback - Took it away for more money

I have never used that feature but I completely agree. Frustrating enough trying to sell with more competition and less buyers.  I don't see  how leaving that feature for sellers would cost them anything. Maybe it will come back, some "glitches" come and go. 

Best of luck selling.

Message 2 of 7
latest reply

I am not a high volume seller, so I do not use the automated feedback feature.

However, I do leave feedback and ebay gives me a list of feedback I have previously used, so it's no big deal to select one of them.  I probably only use 3 or 4 statements when I leave feedback.

I see that most of your items ship for $2.00, which does not include tracking.  Are you saying that automated feedback can only be used if tracking was paid for?

disneyshopper
Volunteer Community Member

Message 3 of 7
latest reply

Every sale I would make it would leave positive feedback as soon as buyer paid for item to a Pre-saved quote regardless if it comes with free shipping or not. All orders come with tracking. Shipping cost average $3.00 for my items to ship anywhere in USA so I only charge $2.00 to chip in on the postal cost.. Had been doing the same thing for years until now you must have seller manger pro in order to have the feature which is $21.95 extra month....

Message 4 of 7
latest reply

@dhommel2011 wrote:

So it appears that in order to have automatic feedback feature I would need to spend more money which it bullcrap... eBay is not cheap to sell specially if you have smaller store.. I hold a very good standing and ebay keeps taking features away and I will not spend more money for a feature that should be there free... I didn't even know they took it away. Only because a customer contacting wanting me to leave feedback and the whole time it had been doing that auto... I went in and found none of my customers were not getting any and had no idea and spent the last 2 hours sending out feedback 1 at a time.... Top rated seller means nothing to eBay anymore.

Feedback does not have to be done 1 at a time. You can click on many sales, and leave feedback for all. Can set up to apply your comments randomly. Takes just a minute, or two to leave dozens at a time.

Message 5 of 7
latest reply

What gave you the mistaken idea that the ability to automatically leave feedback had a cost? In order to set it up, all you have to do is go to your Seller Hub, look under Seller Tools, click on Automation preferences, decide how you would like to set it up and then check the box, save, and you're done. 

Message 6 of 7
latest reply

favored_novelties
Adventurer

I use 3D Sellers for $15/mo. It's an app through Ebay and one of its perks is automatic feedback. It's very useful.

Message 7 of 7
latest reply