cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Automated escalation??

Can anyone please help me understand how a case opened gets Automatically Escalated to INR, within an hour of case being opened by buyer.   Shipping was purchased on EBAY, tracking shows item delivered, buyer claims item wasn’t delivered.  My funds are held, **bleep**. ?

Message 1 of 11
latest reply
1 BEST ANSWER

Accepted Solutions

Re: Automated escalation??

the hold is automatic.....it will be released once the 'case' is settled......

the only option for a case is INR....thats what it is (technically)

just follow the instructions from ebay to validate delivery

they will probably ask you to upload delivery tracking....even though they already have it thru ebay labels, do it again....they should find in your favor....close the case...and release the hold

View Best Answer in original post

Message 2 of 11
latest reply
10 REPLIES 10

the hold is automatic.....it will be released once the 'case' is settled......

the only option for a case is INR....thats what it is (technically)

just follow the instructions from ebay to validate delivery

they will probably ask you to upload delivery tracking....even though they already have it thru ebay labels, do it again....they should find in your favor....close the case...and release the hold

Message 2 of 11
latest reply

Thank you. My question is more, how a case gets auto escalated.  14 years selling, over 10000 transactions, and I’ve never seen this.  I called EBay, spoke to 2 different agents, and neither could answer how a case is opened at noon, then escalated automatically within minutes.  

Message 3 of 11
latest reply

I am thinking you missed my point.....

It was not escalated at all....if buyer said they "did not receive" the item

what else could it be classified as? There was no 'escalation' it's an open 'case' of item not received...nothing more, nothing less.....

Take a breath, enjoy the holidays, reply to the forthcoming inquiry from ebay to upload the tracking information, and all should be good

oh, don't waste your time calling CS.....you will only frustrate yourself over nothing....

if it gets out of hand, then contact CS through the facebook option.....

Message 4 of 11
latest reply

0B55562C-5B0D-4C3A-97A0-F2021C6A8887.jpeg

Message 5 of 11
latest reply

So you cannot even put in the tracking in response?

Message 6 of 11
latest reply

No.  I’ve never seen this.  Again, item was shipped on time, with a label purchased through eBay, tracked, and delivered.  Buyer opens case, and within 1 hour there is the screen shot I provided., with funds held.  

Message 7 of 11
latest reply

Its possible that the tracking number was automatically populated in the opened case on your behalf & ebay will make a final decision based on the online delivery scan & re-release the funds you quickly.

Just take a deep breath eveything will be OK!

Message 8 of 11
latest reply

@sicamc76 wrote:

No.  I’ve never seen this.  Again, item was shipped on time, with a label purchased through eBay, tracked, and delivered.  Buyer opens case, and within 1 hour there is the screen shot I provided., with funds held.  

I would suggest maybe getting on a desktop or laptop and viewing the case there. You should find some mechanism for responding to the case there (for example, there is always an option for sending additional messages to the buyer through the report console), where you can upload your tracking number.

I would not rely on the eBay app as being the final or most comprehensive view of anything, and would never recommend trying to run eBay sales through the smartphone app.

Message 9 of 11
latest reply

i think it says we'll be in touch with you soon.....

you are giving yourself stress where you don't need to.....

your buyer should probably have asked you first (in fact, the prompts prior to submitting plead with the buyer to do so)

They chose to involve ebay.......

ebay has to assign a classification to the inquiry....(at least they didn't use INAD)

this is exactly the procedure (what is happening to you)

you may not even get a request to upload info, but you probably will.....

Message 10 of 11
latest reply

Good luck with that.  Same thing happen to me and my funds were held for over a month.  Finally, I rec'd my funds without any explanation from EBAY as to what caused the issue,

Message 11 of 11
latest reply