cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Assault Weapons

Does anyone know if there is a compiled list of all the firearms that would be considered an "assault weapon"?  I was trying to brush up on the rules, but so far the only thing I've come across is a 96 page pdf of legalese gibberish from the California state law, that I'm really not interested in reading.  There are some guns listed on pages 7-9 in the table of contents for that pdf, but I'm not sure if that's all the guns that are considered "assault weapons" by ebay.

Message 1 of 33
latest reply
32 REPLIES 32

Assault Weapons

No guns can be sold on ebay.

For some......It seems wisdom has been chasing you, but you have always been faster.
Message 2 of 33
latest reply

Assault Weapons

Assault Weapons

@janet9988 wrote:

Yes I know that.  I'm more concerned with accessories.  You can't sell accessories for "assault weapons", but there's no clarification for what is considered an assault weapon.

Message 4 of 33
latest reply

Assault Weapons

@mcdougle4248 wrote:

@bigchief2472000 

You may find this link from the "Help" pages useful.

https://www.ebay.com/help/policies/prohibited-restricted-items/firearms-weapons-knives-policy?id=427...

I've already browsed through there.  That's where I found the link for the 96 page pdf of California law.  Thanks anyway though.

Message 5 of 33
latest reply

Assault Weapons

@bigchief2472000 

Sorry that did not help.  Hopefully, someone who knows where to find the info you are looking for comes along.

Message 6 of 33
latest reply

Assault Weapons

@bigchief2472000 wrote:

@janet9988 wrote:

Yes I know that.  I'm more concerned with accessories.  You can't sell accessories for "assault weapons", but there's no clarification for what is considered an assault weapon.

There is no definitive list on what does and what does not constitute an "assault" rifle.  On Ebay it is really simple. If it is not an accessory to a bolt action hunting rifle then you probably don't want to mess with Ebay.  There is another gun broker website where you can sell many such accessory  items that are not allowed to be sold on Ebay.

Message 7 of 33
latest reply

Assault Weapons

I think you should do a board search for

"assault weapon".

You'll read some threads which have been posted of the last few recent months

by sellers, like yourself.

They've come here with the problems they've had.

Listings getting pulled, plus the policy violation, for accessories that actually dont' fit those so called assault weapon.

Wasn't a seller here telling us their WW1 gas mask was pulled as a violation.

A couple more (?) for WW1 bolt action rifle parts?

Anyone remember?

Lynn

Lynn

You love me for everything you hate me for

Message 8 of 33
latest reply

Assault Weapons

The fact is that there are no such things as "assault weapons". Either that, or they all are. You see, this is an erroneous term literally coined by the Clinton Admin. when Hillary was crafting one of her stabs at the Second Amendment, this time to do with magazine capacity. The term "assault rifle" is the military and civilian canon generally reserved for automatic and semi-automatic light arms typically carried by soldiers. Dandy, but Hillary wanted to include all semi automatic and magazine fed firearms for deletion as well, so, she borrowed some and  invented the hype term 'assault weapon' to inspire fear and establish the validity of her terrorist agenda; To frighten every parent in the United States of America that the "monster" gun is coming to slaughter your children.

Throughout all history every government that has, under law or relegated authority, disarmed (whether swords, guns, or clubs) a population it is most often characterized as politically and ideologically justifiable by use of the word "safety" and by some promise of the elimination of all fears. And yet, in every case so far, the truth is that it was about conquest and subjugation of those under it's authority to do so. When there is no individual means of defense against runaway government, individual citizens shall always become slaves to that system which saw them disarmed.

Sorry about the wandering afoot on that tangent there, kinda passionate about this subject. So to recap, assault rifle, yes, you will find this term applicable in your search. Assault weapon, well, in plain grammatical simplicity would literally be ANY weapon of ANY sort (i.e.; stick, rock, knife, club, brick, etc.) used to assault and/or inflict injury on another. That's the legalese of it all. Hope this helps, accuracies in language regarding questions asked can greatly enhance the answers you get and help clarify the rules you were looking to brush up on.

Sincerely, MSgt B Gaelzhamer, 18BC3 weapons spec, USArmy, retired

Message 9 of 33
latest reply

Assault Weapons

To frighten every parent in the United States of America that the "monster" gun is coming to slaughter your children.

I'm not going to read any farther than this because the "monster" gun has slaughtered our children.

Sherry

=^.^= =^.^=
( ) ( )
" " =^.^= " "
Message 10 of 33
latest reply

Assault Weapons

You see, this is an erroneous term literally coined by the Clinton Admin. when Hillary was crafting one of her stabs at the Second Amendment, this time to do with magazine capacity.

The term has been attributed to a lot of people and groups but firearms manufacturers and dealers were the first users of the term having considered it as having appeal  to market to American buyers who were unfamiliar with the appearance of a type of  weapon new to them.

Source:

Gun Digest Buyer’s Guide to Assault Weapons  by Phillip Peterson 2008

Your passion on the topic notwithstanding, Hillary Clinton certainly didn't coin the term.

THIS SPACE LEFT INTENTIONALLY BLANK
Message 11 of 33
latest reply

Assault Weapons

@animatyr1014 wrote:

The fact is that there are no such things as "assault weapons". Either that, or they all are. You see, this is an erroneous term literally coined by the Clinton Admin. when Hillary was crafting one of her stabs at the Second Amendment, this time to do with magazine capacity. The term "assault rifle" is the military and civilian canon generally reserved for automatic and semi-automatic light arms typically carried by soldiers. Dandy, but Hillary wanted to include all semi automatic and magazine fed firearms for deletion as well, so, she borrowed some and  invented the hype term 'assault weapon' to inspire fear and establish the validity of her terrorist agenda; To frighten every parent in the United States of America that the "monster" gun is coming to slaughter your children.

Throughout all history every government that has, under law or relegated authority, disarmed (whether swords, guns, or clubs) a population it is most often characterized as politically and ideologically justifiable by use of the word "safety" and by some promise of the elimination of all fears. And yet, in every case so far, the truth is that it was about conquest and subjugation of those under it's authority to do so. When there is no individual means of defense against runaway government, individual citizens shall always become slaves to that system which saw them disarmed.

Sorry about the wandering afoot on that tangent there, kinda passionate about this subject. So to recap, assault rifle, yes, you will find this term applicable in your search. Assault weapon, well, in plain grammatical simplicity would literally be ANY weapon of ANY sort (i.e.; stick, rock, knife, club, brick, etc.) used to assault and/or inflict injury on another. That's the legalese of it all. Hope this helps, accuracies in language regarding questions asked can greatly enhance the answers you get and help clarify the rules you were looking to brush up on.

Sincerely, MSgt B Gaelzhamer, 18BC3 weapons spec, USArmy, retired

Thank you for you service sir!

Message 12 of 33
latest reply

Assault Weapons

@sharingtheland wrote:

To frighten every parent in the United States of America that the "monster" gun is coming to slaughter your children.

I'm not going to read any farther than this because the "monster" gun has slaughtered our children.

Not nearly as many times as rouge governments have slaughtered our children when their parents were unarmed. Facts are sometimes inconvenient but they are still facts.  We live in an evil world, always have and always will. People slaughter people, inanimate objects don't do it. A gun doesn't aim itself and pull the trigger. A bomb doesn't walk itself into a church and detonate. You will never stop evil with a law. Nationwide there are over 20,000 laws on the books right now dealing with the sale, design, manufacture, transport, storage, use, resale and carrying of guns . #20,001 isn't going to do a thing.

Message 13 of 33
latest reply

Assault Weapons

Truth you cannot legislate morality !!

Message 14 of 33
latest reply

Assault Weapons

Not nearly as many times as rouge governments have slaughtered our children when their parents were unarmed.

Interesting, since you said 'our children' your comment made me look up massacres in the US that - it's actually quite disturbing to see how many were carried out by state/federal sanction.  I started with Kent State and went back from there.  It was particularly interesting how many there have been.  Not one seems to have been mitigated by the citizens' right to bear arms.   But citizen militia account for a large number of massacres too.  I didn't restrict my search to those involving children. 

An interesting aside for anyone who thinks trade unions are a blight upon society, it's disturbing how many time government and mercenaries/hired security (think Pinkertons) killed workers seeking fair pay and working conditions. Some were mowed down with machine guns by state troops. Some by 'militia'. (for a particularly disturbing read - look up the Thibodaux massacre)

Not sure the issue is rogue governments but I don't know.  I guess it's complicated, although not to the dead.

THIS SPACE LEFT INTENTIONALLY BLANK
Message 15 of 33
latest reply