cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Asked a question - got an offer instead of answer

Us to seller - 'all photos out of focus - Does it say 533 under maker's name?'

Reply - 'SORRY BUT MY HUSBAND TAKES BAD PHOTOS ALL THE TIME AND WANTS ME TO TELL YOU IT HAS A BIT OF RUST ON HANDLE AND SO ON AND SO ON IN CAPS ....'

Never mention the model number.

24 hours later and there is an 'offer' waiting. After 'x'ing the offer popup so I could enlarge the new 'not as much' out of focus photos I could read the number - 523-24 -  so not what we want.

As we don't do/want offers not sure - don't sellers get a fixed amount of unsolicited  offers.

Message 1 of 7
latest reply
6 REPLIES 6

There is no "fixed amount" of  unsolicited offers available. 

Message 2 of 7
latest reply

@steve_stuff wrote:

As we don't do/want offers

Then turn off that setting in your communication preferences and you won't get offers anymore.

https://commspreferences.ebay.com/commsprefs

Under buying activity, uncheck the offers to buyers box.

GLORIOUS!

Confused about the switch to eBay discounted shipping? Read this discussion to make an informed decision about opt in / opt out.
Message 3 of 7
latest reply

Thank you ... but as we've never been to that page and everything is checked - What do we uncheck - Offers to buyers and/or Offer AutoDeclined Email

Truth be told, looked at the list and other then the Second Chance Offer one I could uncheck them all.

Message 4 of 7
latest reply

They're all checked by default.  Uncheck "offers to buyers" - though I agree, one could uncheck most of those.

When you dine with leopards, it is wise to check the menu lest you find yourself as the main course.

#freedomtoread
#readbannedbooks
Message 5 of 7
latest reply

OK, people have replied about the unsolicited offers part but not the 'never answered the question' part.

We have asked a seller about 'any dups in the lot' and got back 'all vintage' and then an offer.

"The boots have a model number on right of size" - and get no number or 'can't read worn off'  - just an offer.

"What printing?" - Offer.

"Does it have a barcode?" - Offer.

Why don't they just answer the question

Message 6 of 7
latest reply

Why don't they just answer the question

There are 20 million sellers on eBay, and some are good and some are not. eBay has no mechanism to force a seller to give good customer service. You always have the option to move on to another seller.

don't sellers get a fixed amount of unsolicited  offers.

eBay does not limit the number of offers a seller sends, they limit the number of offers a buyer receives. A buyer can also turn off unsolicited offers.

Message 7 of 7
latest reply