cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Are promoted listing fees refunded if buyer cancels sale?

I had a buyer cancel a sale right after they purchased. I noticed the sale was through a promoted listing, so I was charged the fee. After I cancelled they refunded the final value fees, but the promoted listing fee remained. Is this something I have to call to request a refund or is it automatically done on a future invoice? Thanks 

Message 1 of 5
latest reply
4 REPLIES 4

I wouldn't think it would be refunded at all, since it "did its part" in getting the listing sold - sort of like the thirty cent Paypal transaction fee. It's not refunded because the payment processor did its part in processing the payment. I wouldn't expect to get it credited.

That said, I really have no idea and I could just be talking out the top of my head.  upside_down

The easier you are to offend the easier you are to control.

We seem to be getting closer and closer to a situation where nobody is responsible for what they did but we are all responsible for what somebody else did. - Thomas Sowell
Message 2 of 5
latest reply

I have had this before and YES I did see the promoted listing fee refunded.  This was last month.  Things may have changed though since then.

This quest stands on the edge of a blade...stray but a little and you shall fail to the ruin of us all.
"The Lady Galadriel"
Message 3 of 5
latest reply

The last instance I had, I was credited back the fee on the following months invoice because the buyer asked to cancel the sale. It was some time ago though. I found this from an ebay staffer addressing this question but again....it was some time ago.....

zzz.PNG

"There`s always barber college" - Dalton - Road House
Message 4 of 5
latest reply

Yes, you will receive an automatic credit. You will not see it on your next invoice (accruing this current month)- you will see it on the one after that (for next month's charges).

Message 5 of 5
latest reply