cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Are negative feedback removals reviewed by bots or real people?

I recently got a negative feedback for item not received.  Tracking shows delivered. First attempt was undelivered because of "animals".  Second attempt shows successful delivery.  Buyer sent me an angry message that they were home when first attempt was made and another with "Peace" afterwards.  I guess they were still mad and left a negative feedback with "Item not delivered".  Checked this person's buying history and all past purchases (four including mine) all show negative feedback for item not received.  One person out of the four seems to have been able to remove the feedback.

With hope that mine would be removed too, I filled out the negative feedback removal request with tracking number and get a message back that it's not eligible to be removed because it follows the policies and people should be allowed to voice their opinions.  For something as pivotal as feedback, are we just getting bots to review our requests?  And if it is an actual person reviewing these requests, what a disappointment.  

Message 1 of 12
latest reply
11 REPLIES 11

Re: Are negative feedback removals reviewed by bots or real people?

@sunshine_blue_hawaii wrote:

I recently got a negative feedback for item not received.  Tracking shows delivered. First attempt was undelivered because of "animals".  Second attempt shows successful delivery.  Buyer sent me an angry message that they were home when first attempt was made and another with "Peace" afterwards.  I guess they were still mad and left a negative feedback with "Item not delivered".  Checked this person's buying history and all past purchases (four including mine) all show negative feedback for item not received.  One person out of the four seems to have been able to remove the feedback.

With hope that mine would be removed too, I filled out the negative feedback removal request with tracking number and get a message back that it's not eligible to be removed because it follows the policies and people should be allowed to voice their opinions.  For something as pivotal as feedback, are we just getting bots to review our requests?  And if it is an actual person reviewing these requests, what a disappointment.  

My guess is that when using the feedback removal request form they are screened by bots with only a tiny portion containing the magic secret ingredients that will get them escalated for human review.

I also struck out on a similar INR related neg recently using the online request form.

Message 2 of 12
latest reply

Thanks for the reply.  What you say makes a lot of sense.  I wonder what the "magical secret ingredients" are.

It sucks you got stuck with one too.

Message 3 of 12
latest reply

recently got a negative feedback  but i texted ebay.ie ( they are most helpfull ) on facebooj and asked about negative feedback that i thought was not fair and they removed 🙂

Message 4 of 12
latest reply

@sunshine_blue_hawaii wrote:

For something as pivotal as feedback, are we just getting bots to review our requests?  And if it is an actual person reviewing these requests, what a disappointment.  

I was discussing with another seller recently, that I believe eBay has shifted to AI on feedback removal requests through Seller Help.

After FB removal requests were addressed, I always got a survey asking me to rate the experience. 2 general questions about the experience, then 2 general questions that specifically mentioned the CS rep's name asking how they did.

More recent FB removal requests generate the survey, but only 2 general questions and that's it. The 2 additional questions mentioning a specific CS rep are no longer included.

eBay shifted management of listing violation reports to AI not that long ago, so it's not surprising they are shifting other areas to be more AI-driven and using fewer humans. Just a couple days ago they laid off 1K employees.

GLORIOUS!

Confused about the switch to eBay discounted shipping? Read this discussion to make an informed decision about opt in / opt out.
Message 5 of 12
latest reply

A quick scan of your FB received from buyers did not show me any on the first few pages.

Did you respond to the FB by saying something like "tracking shows delivered"?  

Message 6 of 12
latest reply

I got one to, I think if we are not going to get proper reviews of FB & other complaints against customers, Than FB should be Eliminated!

Message 7 of 12
latest reply

If the removal fails, sellers have the opportunity to reply to that buyer's feedback and state their position  / defense. You could also add something like 'beware of this buyer'. They show a pattern of leaving negatives.

Message 8 of 12
latest reply

@sunshine_blue_hawaii 

So reading between the lines I would interpret this as the Buyer has an ongoing feud with the local Post Office because of potentially unsafe "animals" which I would take to mean nasty or dangerous dogs.   This is another great example of the FB system failing Sellers who did nothing wrong and have absolutely NO control over the security and or safety of the delivery location ....  

Have you contacted the local Post Office and asked them what kind of dogs that Buyer has?  You might be surprised at their reply.

Regards,
Mr. Lincoln - Community Mentor
Message 9 of 12
latest reply

I had the same problem with weather, I went to face book and they removed it before I even click back to ebay's page.

Message 10 of 12
latest reply

My packages didn't get picked up for 2 days due to weather recently (severe Portland Ice storm). I have pick up request emails saying they could not pick up for safety reasons. I appealed the defects on the items that arrived late and I was denied. It definitely seems like that would be a bot somehow deciding that because humans would have heard of the ice storm we had where 200,000 people lost power. 

By the way when you appeal a late shipment there's actually a choice for severe weather and if you didn't know eBay put up a banner that said that they would be excusing defects due to the storms. 

Message 11 of 12
latest reply

@sunshine_blue_hawaii 

I would contact ebay with a private message to their "ebay for business" facebook page as it sounds like you have a legit reason for removal.

Have a nice weekend.

Message 12 of 12
latest reply